Applied Materials
www.appliedmaterials.com Santa Clara, CA 5000+ Employees

Applied Materials was a great place to work as long as you got through the cyclical downturns in the industry.

Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsWorked with very smart, competent people while at this company. They really do acquire good employees and it had a very good team appeal in the work groups I was involved. Many opportunities to make good business connections and move around within the company.

ConsThere are sometimes too much business processes to get through to get to the end result. During my initial time in this company, there were too many levels between individual contributor and CEO. It had since come down and been flattened before I left.

A wonderful community of people crossed with the latest technology available.

Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Applied Materials full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The people work as teams and cross-teams - leadting to… Cons: The business is cyclical and that leads to labor reductions - just… Advice to Senior Management: Treat people like adults and empower them to create the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Applied Materials full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good salary, interesting projects to work on Cons: Short sighted vision. Implemetation of plans changed too often. We… Advice to Senior Management: Look out for employees more than for your own bonases.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Applied Materials.

Worked for Applied Materials? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applied Materials reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Applied Materials CEO Gary Dickerson. All reviews posted anonymously by Applied Materials employees.