Applied Materials

www.appliedmaterials.com

It was a very successful Company

Engineer (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsWell-seasoned Engineering teams. Good benefits. Lots of skilled employees. Ability to influence technical solutions. In the past - lots of training to improve skills in all fields.

ConsHidden decisions. Frequent and unjustified lay offs. Outsourcing the most valuable developments to India and Russia. No loyalty to old-time folks.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate the results of unsuccessful outsourcing. Retain all talented and the most professional workforce in US. Re-hire all experts to restore Company's culture of 80-th and 90-th.

Environment where innovative & results-oriented employees thrive

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Applied Materials full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: + Over 10,000 patents; industry leader. + brilliant colleagues; very global + strong innovation & customer-focused culture + great use of technology in all aspects of the… Cons: - Demanding environment - must be prepared to work hard; long hours - shutdowns… Advice to Senior Management: Shutdowns should not be used to meet financial targets. Must… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Used to be a great company

I have been working at Applied Materials

Pros: Good compensation and work-life balance Cons: Lack of focus/strategy by upper management Calture of silos and politics… More
There are newer reviews on Applied Materials.

Worked for Applied Materials? Contribute to the Community!