Applied Materials

www.appliedmaterials.com

Great Company Doing its Best to Grow

Declined (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsCommitted management and focused on key R&D, business lines. New management respected by Wall Street is in transition. Values employees who are committed to company success and meets or exceeds objectives.

ConsBig company mentality rather than entrepreneurial. Can be difficult to make real change. Visions of grandeur, then layoffs every other year. Cyclical pains. Constant cost cutting and budget controls are hard to deal with and after several it can wear you down.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time. The vision is good and the transition seems to be on the right track. Macro business environment determines success in any given year so you are constantly looking over your shoulder. Even in a good year, cost cutting abounds and leaves little room for wanting to push the envelope.

Best and Worst

Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Applied Materials full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Comprehensive company focused on technology of semiconductor equipment, you have the chance to develop your… Cons: It's the biggest company in it's field and gradually it… Advice to Senior Management: Credit people working on the frontier fields, not those so… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Learned lots, worked on very cool technology, lots of education and advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Applied Materials full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: -Balanced quality of life if you're in the right group -opportunity for advancement -many educational and… Cons: -Ongoing layoffs since 2002 leads to lots of politics, and lots of CMA-type work, rather than focusing on results, in anything above management level. -generally… Advice to Senior Management: Wiser aquisitions, improve data-based decision making with company-standard enterprise class… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Applied Materials.

Worked for Applied Materials? Contribute to the Community!