Applied Materials
www.appliedmaterials.com Santa Clara, CA 5000+ Employees

Good technology company, limited career oppotunity

Senior Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Applied Materials full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCutting edge semiconductor processing technology, diverse workforce, broad product portfolio (therefore can have various positions to switch to); reasonable working environment; good training/continual education programs.

Consa lot of politics; no long term planning; poor marketing; eroding technical leadership; overall lousy management; ...

Constant turn over

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Applied Materials

Pros: Pays well and has great benefits Cons: Mgmt turn over, continually revised goals and objectives based on… More

Stressful place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Applied Materials for more than 10 years

Pros: The caliber of the people I met while working and… Cons: Too much chaos created by too many layoffs. Advice to Senior Management: Grow a spine and quite reacting like frightened children to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Applied Materials.

Worked for Applied Materials? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applied Materials reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Applied Materials CEO Gary Dickerson. All reviews posted anonymously by Applied Materials employees.