Applied Materials
www.appliedmaterials.com Santa Clara, CA 5000+ Employees

5 yrs in technical and marketing roles

Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Applied Materials full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHigh salary compared with peers, excellent bonus structure for mid level and up

ConsCorporate and business unit strategies change too often creating a reactive and chaotic work environment, rolling layoffs every quarter, recent changes in the benefits structure are more invasive and lower coverage trends.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease accountability. Streamline activities. Get you operating costs to an acceptable point and hold them there - stop the rolling layoffs.

Good comany to work for

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Applied Materials full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: It is the technical leader in Semiconductor equipment industrial. Lot… Cons: High stress working environment. Frequent changes of middle management Advice to Senior Management: Do not get into the business the company is not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place for functional experience

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Applied Materials full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good place to learn about a manufacturing company. As a financial analyst you learn a lot and work with some very bright people. You are… Cons: If you are not interested in the technology it is hard to connect with the company. This is a nanotechnology… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Applied Materials.

Worked for Applied Materials? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applied Materials reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Applied Materials CEO Gary Dickerson. All reviews posted anonymously by Applied Materials employees.