Applied Materials
www.appliedmaterials.com Santa Clara, CA 5000+ Employees

Adequate pay, poor teamwork

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

ProsAs a consultant, my hourly rate was at the market rate. I was given the tools to do my job. The on-site cafeteria was very convenient and the food was offered at reasonable prices.

ConsEmployees and consultants need to work together better. People seem to be only interested in themselves and their own career.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a long-term view. Only looking as far as the next quarter isn't productive. Teamwork is needed to work on large complicated projects, and should be improved.

Turned to be just an OK company from being the Best

Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee)
    East Fishkill, NY

I have been working at Applied Materials full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Average semiconductor industry salaries, opportunities around the world. Cons: Company is being very particular with information and data bases w/o any value. Too many VP's and Directors and managers in general. Company… Advice to Senior Management: No advice, they always know better !! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Company with many opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Applied Materials full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: You will work hard but opportunities are there for you… Cons: Work /life balance can be challenging during spike business periods. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Applied Materials.

Worked for Applied Materials? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applied Materials reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Applied Materials CEO Gary Dickerson. All reviews posted anonymously by Applied Materials employees.