Applied Materials
www.appliedmaterials.com Santa Clara, CA 5000+ Employees

Large, fast-changing company

Austin, TX

I have been working at Applied Materials full-time for more than 10 years

ProsApplied is a large, global technology and manufacturing company. Many opportunities exist within technology, engineering, operations, and manufacturing. Compensation tends to be very competitive.

ConsGrowth has been within existing markets as well as through acquisition of smaller companies. As a result, the organization is very matrixed. In some parts of the company, it can be difficult to have a clear understanding of the proper peers and stakeholders.

As part of the semiconductor and high-tech industries, Applied is subject to large business cycle shifts up and down. This can lead to quick changes in operational mentality and organization structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementApplied is in the middle of a multi-year merger with some of its largest competitors. The merger of global employees and cultures is a major endeavor. Applied should take care to keep communicating and make sure employees understand their role in the transitional and long-term organizations.

New state of the art Wellness Center!

Human Resources (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Applied Materials full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The new senior leaders have a clear vision of where it is taking the company. This TEL merger is the biggest change in Applied's history… Cons: Hours and workload are intense- people are burning out. Advice to Senior Management: Provide more financial incentives with greater upside Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Company quick to recognize hard work. Exciting, high energy environment.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Kalispell, MT

I have been working at Applied Materials full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great for those who like teamwork. Cons: Industry volatile, frequent meetings. Getting work/budgets approved can take… Advice to Senior Management: Great work on establishing a good work environment. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Applied Materials.

Worked for Applied Materials? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applied Materials reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Applied Materials CEO Gary Dickerson. All reviews posted anonymously by Applied Materials employees.