Applied Materials
www.appliedmaterials.com Santa Clara, CA 5000+ Employees

Going downhill unless you're an engineer and/or a Sr. Manager and above... even that is questionable.

Finance Analyst (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Applied Materials full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBecause of constant turnover, positions seem readily available. They offer rotation if you find yourself in an undesirable position. Hight potential if you move to California.

ConsVery flat Finance organization, compensation awards just got taken away making morale lowe. GIS department is horrible to work with. The systems are antiquated and the solution is to burden the employees with busy work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTaking away employee stock grants was a big miss. Competition for work force in our profession is not industry specific. Those that can leave will.

My working experience

Mechanical Engineer II (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Applied Materials full-time for more than a year

Pros: As a design engineer, I crafted lid boxes for the Condor system, lift pin guides for the etching chamber, I modified the cathode for the… Cons: In retrospect, I believe that if more guidance and more projects were provided, it would have improved my productivity and also the… Advice to Senior Management: I want to return back to Applied Materials as I starting working in January 2009 and I left in November 2009. I am seeking… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Process Engineer in AMAT

Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Applied Materials full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: More processes stages can reach when you work in different… Cons: Unfair things everywhere, Not care engineers who is working in… Advice to Senior Management: Back to old time manager and engineer should be in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Applied Materials.

Worked for Applied Materials? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applied Materials reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Applied Materials CEO Gary Dickerson. All reviews posted anonymously by Applied Materials employees.