There are newer employer reviews for Applied Materials

Going downhill unless you're an engineer and/or a Sr. Manager and above... even that is questionable.

Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Applied Materials full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Because of constant turnover, positions seem readily available. They offer rotation if you find yourself in an undesirable position. Hight potential if you move to California.

Cons

Very flat Finance organization, compensation awards just got taken away making morale lowe. GIS department is horrible to work with. The systems are antiquated and the solution is to burden the employees with busy work.

Advice to Management

Taking away employee stock grants was a big miss. Competition for work force in our profession is not industry specific. Those that can leave will.

Other Employee Reviews for Applied Materials

Process Engineer in AMAT

Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Applied Materials full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

More processes stages can reach when you work in different delpartment

Cons

Unfair things everywhere, Not care engineers who is working in Lab.

Advice to Management

Back to old time manager and engineer should be in same working team.

2. My working experience

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer II in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer II in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Applied Materials full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a design engineer, I crafted lid boxes for the Condor system, lift pin guides for the etching chamber, I modified the cathode for the G8 chamber, and designed a nanoswitch/phasorswitch box for a chamber assembly. In addition to my design experience, I also analyzed root cause of wafer breakages in the Carina chamber due to a plasma coating issue; in this project, I worked with a group of scientists to solve why wafer breakages were occurring. In another project, along with another scientist, I conducted wafer temperature uniformity measurements on Carina chamber to check temperature distribution over a number of trials. From my individual experience, I also learned how the Condor chamber is configured and lastly, I performed tests, loading wafers from foups to be plasma coated in the fab room.

Cons

In retrospect, I believe that if more guidance and more projects were provided, it would have improved my productivity and also the complexity of the projects would have been further developed and provided a method for developing more in-depth and detailed knowledge and work experience.

Advice to Management

I want to return back to Applied Materials as I starting working in January 2009 and I left in November 2009. I am seeking reemployment as of November 2013. Please let me back. I enjoyed my experience working there. I graduated with a B.S. and M.S. degree from prestigious universities in California and I need to be monetarily supported.