There are newer employer reviews for Applied Materials

This is a very cyclical business, however the people in the Finance organization are great to work with.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Applied Materials full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People in the finance organization are great to with. I had good working relationships with everyone.

Cons

Applied Materials is a very cyclical business. During down times of the company there are layoffs.

Continue to encourage your employees job growth and serve as great mentors to your employees.

590 Other Employee Reviews for Applied Materials (View Most Recent)

A good company with a poor Senior Management team.

I have been working at Applied Materials

Pros

I enjoyed working with my co-workers.

Cons

A lack of career development. Poor mentoring and coaching from management. Managers are always worried about losing their job and are reluctant to train their employees.

Constant fear of layoffs has a big impact on morale resulting in a negative work culture.

Going downhill unless you're an engineer and/or a Sr. Manager and above... even that is questionable.

Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Applied Materials full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Because of constant turnover, positions seem readily available. They offer rotation if you find yourself in an undesirable position. Hight potential if you move to California.

Cons

Very flat Finance organization, compensation awards just got taken away making morale lowe. GIS department is horrible to work with. The systems are antiquated and the solution is to burden the employees with busy work.

Taking away employee stock grants was a big miss. Competition for work force in our profession is not industry specific. Those that can leave will.

There are newer employer reviews for Applied Materials