Applied Predictive Technologies

There are newer employer reviews for Applied Predictive Technologies

Engagement manager

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Applied Predictive Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Small company that strives to act like a large company but lacks the resources. They are very good a marketing themselves.

Cons

Run away as fast as you can. They are very good a marketing but lack the execution. They do not have enough experience to help themselves.

Lose the arrogance

70 Other Employee Reviews for Applied Predictive Technologies (View Most Recent)

EM

Former Employee - Engagement Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Engagement Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Applied Predictive Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great culture. People are very friendly. Exposure to a lot of industries.

Cons

I felt the senior management stretches the junior consultants. The junior consultants work on 3-5 projects at a time. These projects could be in different industries and with different teams.
    I also feel that the company misrepresents itself to college students. Its a software company that uses its employees to solve a clients problem on the APT software. After coming from a MSc program I felt that the software was lacking in certain areas. Any problem that the software can't handle is avoided. The software requires tonne of data (Most of the interesting problems dont have data!).
    I was staying late in the night in the office because the software would take a lot of time to analyze and would break i.e. the analysis is not that hard but doing it on the software takes forever.
    The company has a shoe string budget for its employees.
    I felt that there was a lack of interaction with the clients top level management. Our day to day interaction was with junior managers who were analyzing the data. Rarely, did we present our results to the top brass. Our approach is to keep the junior manangers and analysts happy with the tool so that a good word would permeate to the top brass and the software would get re licensed.
    My clients required a lot of hand holding while using the software, often this lead to me being less productive.

You do great awesome work but often ignore that the junior people work very late. The types of analysis are very focused and anything outside that focus is not conducted. Other analysis are avoided or seldom done. There should be a continued education budget for the employees. Employees should be allowed to go to international offices on APT's dime.

Great company for growing a career

I have been working at Applied Predictive Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

APT is invested in their employees- they truly want to help you learn and develop a lasting career at the company.

They have managed to maintain a start-up culture while still growing the company at a fast rate. Examples of this include a game room (complete with ping pong, foosball, and video games) and frequent happy hours.

Senior management is open to and interested in hearing improvement ideas from all levels of employment.

Fantastic benefits.

Cons

Hours can be long, but the work is rewarding.

Keep maintaining the company culture!

There are newer employer reviews for Applied Predictive Technologies