Applied Predictive Technologies

There are newer employer reviews for Applied Predictive Technologies

Engagement manager

Current Employee - Engagement Manager  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Applied Predictive Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Small company that strives to act like a large company but lacks the resources. They are very good a marketing themselves.

Cons

Run away as fast as you can. They are very good a marketing but lack the execution. They do not have enough experience to help themselves.

Lose the arrogance

63 Other Employee Reviews for Applied Predictive Technologies (View Most Recent)

Great analytical company to work for an analytical career track and marketing track. APT has grown very fast and is in r

Current Employee - Engagement Manager  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Applied Predictive Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cons

NOt much in terms of what you expect from a start up that grew us fast

EM

Former Employee - Engagement Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Engagement Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Applied Predictive Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture. People are very friendly. Exposure to a lot of industries.

Cons

I felt the senior management stretches the junior consultants. The junior consultants work on 3-5 projects at a time. These projects could be in different industries and with different teams.
    I also feel that the company misrepresents itself to college students. Its a software company that uses its employees to solve a clients problem on the APT software. After coming from a MSc program I felt that the software was lacking in certain areas. Any problem that the software can't handle is avoided. The software requires tonne of data (Most of the interesting problems dont have data!).
    I was staying late in the night in the office because the software would take a lot of time to analyze and would break i.e. the analysis is not that hard but doing it on the software takes forever.
    The company has a shoe string budget for its employees.
    I felt that there was a lack of interaction with the clients top level management. Our day to day interaction was with junior managers who were analyzing the data. Rarely, did we present our results to the top brass. Our approach is to keep the junior manangers and analysts happy with the tool so that a good word would permeate to the top brass and the software would get re licensed.
    My clients required a lot of hand holding while using the software, often this lead to me being less productive.

You do great awesome work but often ignore that the junior people work very late. The types of analysis are very focused and anything outside that focus is not conducted. Other analysis are avoided or seldom done. There should be a continued education budget for the employees. Employees should be allowed to go to international offices on APT's dime.

There are newer employer reviews for Applied Predictive Technologies

Worked for Applied Predictive Technologies? Contribute to the Community!