Applied Research Associates
www.ara.com Albuquerque, NM 1000 to 5000 Employees

Very good company

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Applied Research Associates

ProsSurrounded by a lot of smart, motivated people. Excellent benefits. They care about the customer and produce quality work. Good software development process. The office and facilities are first class - most people have their own office. The administrative support staff is helpful. I have autonomy to do my job and no one micromanages me. Every two years all the technical staff gather in one city/location for a technical conference - this is very cool!

ConsProduct releases are stressful due to "war-room" environment (but kind of fun too). Some bureaucracy involved in government contracting like daily time-sheets and things like that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep winning the good projects.

A pretty decent defense contractor

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at Applied Research Associates

Pros: Lots of small-team, short-timescale projects, so you get a lot of hands-on experience coding. Smarter tech workers than… Cons: Career advancement requires customer marketing and project management - including all the boring parts like accounting and personnel management. Hope you don't like actually… Advice to Senior Management: Enable communication throughout the company as a whole - being one part of a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work for lower level developers.

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee)
Vicksburg, MS

I have been working at Applied Research Associates

Pros: Employees have lots of personal freedom in how they do the job and there is a wide variety of projects. If you're into technical… Cons: Development planning in non existent, just do or die. The corporate culture really encourges workaholics if you want to climb the… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on getting some larger/long term projects to increase stability. Create a technical… More

There are newer reviews on Applied Research Associates.

Worked for Applied Research Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applied Research Associates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Applied Research Associates CEO Rob Sues. All reviews posted anonymously by Applied Research Associates employees.