Applied Systems

There are newer employer reviews for Applied Systems

Lack of Communication - Low Pay

Current Employee - Systems Operations Technician I in University Park, IL
Current Employee - Systems Operations Technician I in University Park, IL

I have been working at Applied Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

On a person by person basis, The people are great to work with. Most everyone in my department is laid back and relaxed. Easy drive from my town. Extreme amounts of information, if you enjoy learning.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments - Work orders are often vague and ambiguous, which often cause problems within our entry level department.

Low Pay / High Responsibility - Our entry level department has full administrative rights for both data centers. Anyone else see a problem?

Lack of trust - A camera has been installed at our desk (group desk of 4) to watch client media. This camera does not point at the media, it points directly at our desks, media completely outside of camera's sight. But I guess we are an entry level department..

Pay your employees better. Put good in, get good out. - Put in less, get below average results. Its not science.

If you want to keep the pay the same, decrease our responsibilities and simplify the work. I was happy with the position 1 year ago. Since this period of growth the position is almost unbearable for the level of compensation.

97 Other Employee Reviews for Applied Systems (View Most Recent)

poor managment, poor design, low integrity

Former Employee - Sales in University Park, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in University Park, IL

I worked at Applied Systems

Pros

Market leadership, good place to learn software sales for entry level sales people

Cons

Very weak management team. Lack of integrity within the organization. Dishonest sales practices. Software development lacks vision and talent. Over promise and under deliver to prospects/clients.

Learn to listen to employees and be nimble to execute on promises. Treat subordinates with respect. TAKE A SALES MANAGEMENT COURSE--USE "BEST PRACTICES" BENCHMARKING as it relates to quality management and team leadership/building.

Great place to work, but stay away if you're entry level and need money to live

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in University Park, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in University Park, IL

I have been working at Applied Systems

Pros

This place had some of the nicest people that I've ever worked with. Everyone from management down talked at the same level. The atmosphere is relaxing even in stressful situations. There are many different ways to move vertically or laterally within the company.

Cons

The pay. As an entry level employee it just didn't cut it. Started at a minimal salary and providing small yearly raises is not the way to get ahead. This may be different if you were coming into this place with experience but as entry level, it's just a stepping stone onto something else.

If they want to keep their younger employees, the pay needs to be competitive or else it promotes job hopping.

There are newer employer reviews for Applied Systems