Applied Systems

www.appliedsystems.com
  www.appliedsystems.com
There are newer employer reviews for Applied Systems

Motivating me to do my best.

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Applied Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've just completed my first month at Applied Systems and have never experienced a better work environment in my life. Everyone is both motivated and supportive in what they do and everyone is extremely organized.

My higher ups treat me with respect and do not doubt my abilities, despite my young age and are always willing to put their crucial projects in my hands. The benefits and pay are amazing and I feel extremely lucky to be here.

Cons

Honestly, the only con I can think of is the continuity issues with the previous branding, but all of that is being addressed currently.

Reach out to your employees and get them to review this company. I'm sure you will receive more positive feedback than what is currently on this page. These reviews are a bit over-critical and do not properly reflect the true nature of this company.

95 Other Employee Reviews for Applied Systems (View Most Recent)

If they could pay less, they would.

I have been working at Applied Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I like the people I work with a lot, and I have been trusted with a lot of responsibility.

Cons

I'm a professional with an advanced degree, have taken on the work of one, sometimes two other people in my few years here, and still get paid less than the person I was hired to replace.
    Management tries to argue there are benefits to working in the middle of nowhere, but the cost of living just keeps going up while Applied keeps pushing salaries down.
    The company will happily throw money in any direction except their own people, and it's extremely hard not to take that personally.
    In short, just about everything you've heard about Bain Capital-owned companies is true: management demands more and more from employees while giving less and less, while all the money flies up to the execs and to Bain. Even when you constantly go above and beyond, management will maybe give you a 1% raise, and tell you you were lucky to get that much.

Reward extra effort, don't make it the baseline; when extra is not rewarded, employees will quickly learn not to give it anymore.

Great place to start

Former Employee - Quality Analyst in University Park, IL
    Former Employee - Quality Analyst in University Park, IL

I worked at Applied Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great! Be open and you'll get along with your coworkers

Cons

Low and inconsistent pay. You may start at the same time as someone with the same experience but make between 5K and 10K difference.
    Management reaped a lot of benefits at the cost of the dedicated employees.
    Little recognition from upper management.

Take time to personally thank your employees.
    Set standard salaries for positions.

There are newer employer reviews for Applied Systems