There are newer employer reviews for Appriss

Their heart is in the right place, but ....

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Appriss full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn new things, most coworkers where fun people to work with. With the constant shifting of tasks you're never doing the same thing for long. Extremely flexible with work hours and promotes a balance of work/family. Nice offices, fun environment, great location and great benefits.

Cons

I understand all companies are in it to make a buck, but they constantly promoted how they were there to support victims and their families, but at the end of the day it was the all mighty dollar that was their drive. There was no cross talk between departments OR people in the same department. Most of my co-workers had no ambition to assist me as a new hire to learn the environment and ultimately I left because of that lack of communication between co-workers, middle management and lack of projects to keep me busy.

Advice to Management

Tear down the walls, stop filing people away from each other in tiny offices and adopt an "open air' environment. I know it's cool to have lots of managers and project managers, but focus on the work, not the process, and focus on the community, not just your pocket book.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great values, OK pay, lack of internal communication (like everywhere else)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Appriss

Pros

Coworkers and boss are smart and fun; HR Dept dedicated to making Appriss the best place to work.
    I really look forward to going to work each day.
    Extremely flexible about time off for family, great work-life balance.
    Outstanding benefits (401-k match, free health insurance, on-site free doctor's office)

Cons

Pay is only OK, not enough to live on
    No idea what's happening in other departments
    Growing and reorganizing so fast there is no updated org chart anywhere
    Surprisingly poor attendance at company-wide events (with the exception of Christmas Party)

Advice to Management

Need to force ways for senior management to keep in touch with the front line troops; past efforts like the free fruit cart seem to have been abandoned.
    I'm willing to give up 50% of the fun for a 20% pay increase.
    Need regular ongoing cross-department communication

2. The best place I have ever worked

Current Employee - Account Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Appriss

Pros

Appriss truly cares about its employees and is proud of the work we do to assist victims and law enforcement. The culture is relaxed and comfortable, and there is an open-door policy with senior management. The work, given its nature, can be stressful, but there is a predominant feeling of being supported by the team around you, and that helps a lot. I don't think I will ever work anywhere else.

Cons

The company is growing quite fast, which is a challenge as far as getting adequate training for new folks.

Advice to Management

Focus a bit more on in-depth training.