There are newer employer reviews for Apptricity Inc.

An epic failure of a company due to the CEO

Current Employee - Junior Java Developer in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Junior Java Developer in Irving, TX

I have been working at Apptricity Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's really nothing worthwhile about this place.

Cons

Read each and every review that's here, decide for yourself, you'll clearly see that the "positive ones" were written by the CEO or management.

The organization is so top heavy of executives, directors, and titles change at the drop of the hat. Its almost as if some people sleep their way into their title changes or maybe its nepotism, I don't know. The misfits run the asylum for sure.

No faith or trust is ever given, everyone is assumed to be a thief or incapable of doing their job. Management and leadership is very inconsistent. The oversight on some projects is insane and intense. Other times its entirely up to you to define how to complete a project because no one will really give you any sort of guidelines, but are quick to point out the failures once it crashes and burns to the ground.

Advice to Management

A previous review said it best, sell the company. There's no one here with any ability to do anything because it's "Tim's baby" and he doesn't care about anyone other than his ego.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If you have an option, take the other position!

I worked at Apptricity Inc. (More than a year)

Pros

Nice Location in Las Colinas.

Cons

Management is the last to put out the effort and the first to blame the employees. Management also likes to talk about "an intense environment” but it is only a cover up for their incompetency. Tim (CEO) comes in apparently whenever he wakes up and few on the management team even live in the state. Every person I interacted with saw through Tim’s stories and it was a running joke in the hallways as most of the employees were planning their exit. Great people that deserve much better. Many of those I enjoyed working with have left.

Advice to Management

Treat your team(s) with respect. Your business plan should be deeper than hoping to win a law suit against the government. That cash will only take you so far, it’s the employees that will keep the company running.
    Think back on all of the underhanded, disrespectful and needlessly cruel ways you have treated people and learn from the torture you put them and their families through. Ask yourself, if that is how you should be treated. Luckily I had options and left but I still feel sorry who need to stay.

Great Company, with great technology and great

Current Employee - Programmer in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Programmer in Irving, TX

I have been working at Apptricity Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Probably the best thing about this company is they executed a dividend to all their employees and shareholders, which means they are doing extremely well. The company has brought on several new clients and have hired 30 more employees. All I hear is all the new business the company is bringing in.

Cons

This company isn't for everyone as seen by other reviews. Upper management has a no nonsense approach to running the company. Most bad reviews are from people who couldn't adjust or never worked for a software company or a Silicon Valley startup. The one's who write and are currently employed here are probably not employed here or can't find another job.

Advice to Management

Have more social gatherings with the employees so everyone can meet each. I am on 7th floor and want to meet people on the 9th floor. Distribute more stock options