Appway

www.appway.com
  www.appway.com
There are newer employer reviews for Appway

Growth Incubator

I have been working at Appway for less than a year

Pros

- Amazing oportunity for mentorship and growth
- liberty to pursue own path within the company
- great team of co workers, always very supportive

Cons

- some communication issues cross-borders

Appway Response

Jul 1, 2014HR Manager

We are happy to hear that you are optimistic about the outlook of Appway, we certainly aim to continue growing as a company and above all, as a team!

Thank you for your feedback with regards to
... More

9 Other Employee Reviews for Appway (View Most Recent)

Great opportunity to work with smart people

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Zürich (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Zürich (Switzerland)

I have been working at Appway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get the chance to experience many different kinds of "jobs" and learn from experienced colleagues. Probably the best aspect of the job here in Appway is the quality of the colleagues, especially on the technical side, they are very experienced developers that can help you becoming a better professional in general and not in the BPMN domain only.
    Work-life balance is good, it can be challenging when getting close to product milestones or when significant sales opportunities require the Appway team to develop a proof of concept, but it normally doesn't get out of hand.
    Compensations is pretty good but benefits are more or less non existent. The company prefers to pay an higher salary and let you spend the extra money as you prefer, which is something I definitely appreciate (instead of having lots of benefits and a lower salary).
    For people passionate about software development I think Appway is a great place to work!

Cons

The company is growing at a fast pace and many processes are not consolidated (or defined) yet, so even if it is definitely not a startup anymore it still feels a bit like working in a startup environments (which can be good or bad depending on your taste). This leads to the only real cons to me which is the senior management lack of experience in managing a larger scale company. They are learning how to deal with it while the company is growing and sometimes the decisions that are taken has to be revisited multiple times, making it hard for the employees to trust the management completely (especially in contrast with the extremely high quality of the lower level resources). This is especially true in the HR management area.

Consider hiring someone very senior and experienced in HR management to handle the ongoing HR management duties like career development, internal talent scouting and issues troubleshooting. For now HR in the company is handled as a process to hire the right people and onboard them, which is working great, but HRM consists in an ongoing effort which must be handled by a professional in the field which must be different from the CEO or the line managers as there is a clear conflict of interest in that case.

Appway Response

Jul 23, 2014HR Manager

Nothing makes us happier than to hear about the "quality of colleagues at Appway", thank you!

As we continue to grow, HR and HR Management will take on an even bigger role than before - that's
    ... More

A great company with an amazing culture

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Chiasso (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chiasso (Switzerland)

I have been working at Appway full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Appway doesn't feel like working, it's more as if you are teaming up with friends to build and deliver a great product. People are a big asset and everyone shares the same culture across all the offices.
    Times and location are flexible, salary is good compared to other similar positions in Ticino.
    Working remotely is in the company's culture: you and your team are given as much responsibility as freedom on how, when and where to carry on your tasks.
    The office in Chiasso is very new and has a kitchen, a lounge, a small gym, and gets periodic improvements.
    It is possible to be relocated to another office, if you are assigned to one of its projects.

Cons

We are growing fast and there are still some organisational issues, but they are gradually being dealt with.
    Life in the area is peaceful, though Chiasso is a very small town and doesn't offer much. Como and Lugano are near and could be better places to live, but still they aren't big cities. Milan is reachable in around one hour.

We need to attract the talents. Advertise more about "life at Appway" and how the product works.

There are newer employer reviews for Appway

Worked for Appway? Contribute to the Community!