Apria Healthcare

www.apria.com
  www.apria.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apria Healthcare

Ok company to work for good pay but long hours

Former Employee - Driver in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Driver in Orlando, FL

I worked at Apria Healthcare

Pros

Good pay and the employees are good to work with. The benefits are good. You get five days vacation after a year and personal time off. The staff is very understanding when you need to take sick time and it is an overall pleasant enviroment to be in.

Cons

Long hours and it is not predicatable how busy the day will be. You could start work at 8AM and not be home until midnight or later sometimes to do it all over again the next day. The raises are less than 3 percent per year which makes it hard to make it a long term career.

Perhaps to implement a plan where the drivers could know when they where expected to be off every day

303 Other Employee Reviews for Apria Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Strong opportunity ---- company going NO WHERE

I have been working at Apria Healthcare

Pros

Healthcare - strong industry that has no business management skilled leaders to direct and lead into the future. Home Healthcare has always been a cash cow, that has never required strong sales growth initiatives and development of quality leaders. This is changing in 09 - with the new President of the United States, the DRA, and the economy, providers of insurance are going to have to curtale their coverage - this in turn means a reduction in profitability for Apria. Apria's strongest asset is their greatest weakness. Apria is a national company with tremendous service potential, but the shared services costs and corporate overhead require branches to squeeze the middle of the P&L to a point where it is impossible to provide great service and grow.

Cons

Leadership is terrible - no vision

Do you have any idea how to grow this business?

Pros & Cons

I have been working at Apria Healthcare

Pros

The people and an understanding as to what your job duties are is a major plus. The Managers are awesome when it comes to ALL employees family issues. Apria is very involved with employees that have fell on hard times, i.e a death in an emplyees family, when an employees home is destroyed by fire or storms. I do not believe there is a better company to work for when it comes to understanding, direction and the Management Leadership qualities, and skills. I would recommend any of my friends to work at Apria Healthcare. I have the utmost respect for the Managment Teams Apria Healthcare has in place at this time.

Cons

The downside is that you are not always at the level of pay for the job you do. Another downside is that while given promotions to Supervisor and Lead positions, the individuals are not always the best picks for those positions. I fully respect the decisions of Management, but they are not always aware of the fact that the Supervisor or Lead was not the best choice because the team under them pulls all the load and are worried that if they say anything they will eventually end up without a job.

Advice I would give is to make sure that the employee is at the pay level they should be at for the job they are doing, not the "title" they are given due to the fact that some titles do NOT pertain to the actual job the employee is doing. I would like to pose a question. Have any of the Corprate people that decide what a latteral move is done any of the same jobs that are considered to be on the same pay level? A "title" that is given does not always portray the job that is being done.

There are newer employer reviews for Apria Healthcare