Excellent Company

Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Rewarded for contributions and hard work

Cons

Need to have more parking

Advice to Management

Invest in employees

Other Employee Reviews for Apria Healthcare

Worst Place EVER!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working on the Sprint Campus.

Cons

Poor Management, Hiring people that really do not qualify and just trying to fill empty seats with warm bodies, Turn over rate extremley high.

Advice to Management

My advice to HR look at the Management you have on all departments. Apria is known for having a high turnover rate.

Going to HR only expedites termination.

Former Employee - Hospital Account Liaison in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Hospital Account Liaison in Columbia, MD

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for pulmonary specialists prior to being hired. The interviewing process was the only positive experience I had with the company. The ASM told me he "restructured" my territory so my previous employers would count as my starts. I struggled with accepting the offer because I was already personally aware of Apria's bad reputation. The ASM that hired me was an awesome gentleman that was charismatic and positive. HE was the reason I accepted the offer. Sadly, he was terminated 2 weeks after I was hired.

Cons

Before attending New Sales Hire Training, I was already on my 3rd manager. The instructors at training were absolutely baffled with the questions I was asking because I had not even been given a copy of my job description. Upon returning from training, I was presented with my job description AND a written warning for not returning a call to the branch (I left the hospital and forgot to turn the ringer back on). The ASM in place now knows nothing about managing and behaves unprofessional and unethical. I went to HR and was told to write a statement regarding my concerns so he could address them. I had documentation from day one with the several e-mails attached and sent it last week to HR Division. Up until last week I didn't even have access to ACIS to hunt down 12 month old CMNs. The ASM told me to ask one of the sales reps to use their user name and password. Of course I didn't as I knew it would violate security policies. I directed this to HR last Friday and was terminated on Monday.

Advice to Management

Employees do not need to be treated like children. We are grown adults and should be treated that way. There is no respect given to glorified gofers, only the special ones, or the ones that have something on the ASM. How do you respect a manager that talks down to you and is always asking questions that insinuate that you are not doing your job? I wish I would have read this BEFORE my employment. It would have only cemented what I already knew, but it would have made RUN!