There are newer employer reviews for Apria Healthcare

Highly Unorganized, Lack of Actual Training Program, Ridiculous Hours, Broken Promises

Current Employee - Delivery Technician in Richland Hills, TX
Current Employee - Delivery Technician in Richland Hills, TX

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is really impressive, and if you like being in a truck all by yourself , then it's fantastic!

Cons

Need an actual training program, especially for future employees without prior DME experience ( i am a delivery technician, and I received 2 days of sitting in front of a computer watching medgas videos, before they put me behind the wheel of a 16 foot freight -liner, which i have never driven before, then 2 days later i was on the road by myself, barely knowing the differences between machines, nonetheless how to troubleshoot them.) Also i'm not sure if it the nature of the business, or if it just my particular branch, but every time an employee doesn't do his or her job (ie sales delivering within time frames, rt setting up appointments, customer service entering orders in correctly, drivers not delivering.) Instead of the issue being handled and the person responsible being reprimanded, it just gets pushed to the next guy and it's forgotten. Also it is not uncommon for a driver to call in at least once a week, so it leaves us all very short-handed, and nothing ever gets investigated about that as well. Not to mention the hours. I was told between 40-50 hrs a week. In reality, its a minimum of 50 hours at best.

Advice to Management

Hire more people to distrubute workload evenly, and please discipline employees instead of pushing it under the rug

Other Employee Reviews for Apria Healthcare

Apria the Titantic of DME

Current Employee - Revenue Specialist in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Revenue Specialist in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's a shame but I can't think of one!

Cons

Leadership sucks. On about the 5th different leadership crew and didn't think it could get any worse. Well it did. These people couldn't manage a road side lemonade stand! Employees who started 6-mths ago have been promoted to team leads and are still trying trying to find the bathroom in the office. All communtication comes via email and questions in huddles are not allowed as it emabarrasses the talentless leadership crew. They have no repect for themselves let alone the people working for them. They all need fired!

Advice to Management

gut canonsburg and bring in people from the outside and PAY THEM!

2. Calling patients all over the U.S. regarding their medical equipment isn't for me.

Former Employee - Collections Representative in Canonsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Collections Representative in Canonsburg, PA

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits after 90 days, every 6 months a paid weeks vacation, Jeans Day every Friday, everyone pulls together to complete left over work for the week, paid overtime, two15 minute breaks everyday, Holiday celebrations (luncheons), the list is almost endless.

Cons

Workload can sometimes be unevenly distributed. Can only make up missed hours the week of.

Advice to Management

Keep/bring back raises of some sort (i.e. quarterly raises).