High Turnover Rate

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits (i.e. vacation, sick, personal time is accrued for full time employees)

Cons

Knowledge of the management teams. Not everyone is on the same wave length.

Place people who deserve the management positions into those roles. Do not bring someone from another background and place them in charge of a group of people and they have absolutely no knowledge of them or the work that coinsides with them.

Other Reviews for Apria Healthcare

Highly Unorganized, Lack of Actual Training Program, Ridiculous Hours, Broken Promises

Current Employee - Delivery Technician  in  Richland Hills, TX
    Current Employee - Delivery Technician in Richland Hills, TX

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is really impressive, and if you like being in a truck all by yourself , then it's fantastic!

Cons

Need an actual training program, especially for future employees without prior DME experience ( i am a delivery technician, and I received 2 days of sitting in front of a computer watching medgas videos, before they put me behind the wheel of a 16 foot freight -liner, which i have never driven before, then 2 days later i was on the road by myself, barely knowing the differences between machines, nonetheless how to troubleshoot them.)

Also i'm not sure if it the nature of the business, or if it just my particular branch, but every time an employee doesn't do his or her job (ie sales delivering within time frames, rt setting up appointments, customer service entering orders in correctly, drivers not delivering.) Instead of the issue being handled and the person responsible being reprimanded, it just gets pushed to the next guy and it's forgotten. Also it is not uncommon for a driver to call in at least once a week, so it leaves us all very short-handed, and nothing ever gets investigated about that as well.

Not to mention the hours. I was told between 40-50 hrs a week. In reality, its a minimum of 50 hours at best.

Hire more people to distrubute workload evenly, and please discipline employees instead of pushing it under the rug

Favoritism

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Apria Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

None everyday was a gamble, if you were not in the click you never new what you were in store for.

Cons

Promises by management in hopes to keep employees, promotion for non experienced staff, low wages, favoritism, rules do not apply to all employees, revolving door with staff, long hours that are not appreciated, team leaders whom have no sense of people skills and lack of professionalism. Management should not discuss employees issues with other staff or management.

Do not hold skilled and qualified employees back just to keep a body in positions, open positions should be posted and anyone whom is interested should have same opportunity to apply. Listen to employees suggestions this may help keep staff and eliminate revolving door. Confidentiality among employee and management needs addressed .

There are newer employer reviews for Apria Healthcare.

Worked for Apria Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!