There are newer employer reviews for Apria Healthcare

No advancements and no feedback.

Current Employee - Collector in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Collector in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

benefits, enough work to stay busy.

Cons

lots of gossip, lack of advancements, integrity isn't valued.

Advice to Management

Be respectful and aware of what's going on around you. Offer positive motivation.

Other Employee Reviews for Apria Healthcare

RUN WHILE YOU CAN SAVE YOURSELF

Current Employee - Customer Eligibility Specialist in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Eligibility Specialist in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I wish I could give you some real Pros about the company as a whole, but there aren't any. The only good thing that has come of my experience with this awful place is the life long friendships that were created through the common distaste we have for Apria.

Cons

There is not enough time or space to tell all the cons of this company. The pay sucks, the treat their employees like they are expendable. The raises are absoltley horrible (if you can call what they give a raise) they don't have any kinds of employee outings like most companies offer. Managment is unkind and uncaring, don't expect to go to them for any kind of help. Also be aware, although you apply for a position/title once you get in they expect for a person to learn every job function so that you can do it all but be paid for the one title you applied for. This company is the true definition of OVER WORKED AND UNDER PAID. It's no room for growth and even if you do move up don't look for the raise that comes along with the more work. To sum it up this company is the absolute WORST company i have ever worked for. I am ashamed to say I work here and don't like telling people where I work. There is no structered training, they just throw you to the wolves. The turnover rate is high, I've seen people leave after just one day of working for the company. It's not just one location, it's the company as a whole, right up to the top and all across the country, The best thing a person could do is run for the hills because it's no job is just about better than working for Apria. If I were you I'd think hard and long about accepting a job here, it's not worth the stress that comes along with it. Also you would think with it being a healthcare company the benefits would at least be good, they're are not. The deductibles are sky high (about $2000 for a single person) and you're paying over a $100 premiums. It's almost like not having insurance because you can barely afford to go to the doctors.

Advice to Management

I feel the whole company needs to be revamped! fromt he inside out, If you are unwilling to do this then you should just close the whole company down. You can't expect your employees to be kind and caring to patient's when you are not kind and caring to them. You only get what you give? You treat your employees like the bottom of the barrel and what do you think will be the outcome of how they work. You should be ashamed that both employee reviews and patient reviews are poor. There is something broken within the company and instead of looking the other way take your time to fix what's broken. Because just like a crack in glass, it can start off small but if you don't take the proper measures to fix it, it will soon spread until it's too damaged to fix. Its the same that goes for how this company is ran, fix it and fix it fast!!

Going down in flames

Current Employee - Soon to Eliminated in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Soon to Eliminated in Denver, CO

I have been working at Apria Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I wish I could think of something, been here awhile but hear may not be much longer. layoffs coming, not getting approval to replace lost employees. the end is near and the hush hush club isn't saying a thing. got the vibes though. I can feel it.

Cons

its apria what else needs to be said. used to love it now hate it.

Advice to Management

they wont listen anyway, if your not a supe or manager your opinion doesn't matter.