Apria Healthcare

www.apria.com
  www.apria.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apria Healthcare

Great advancement opportunity, if you are willing to give up all other aspects of your life.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Apria Healthcare

Pros

Benefits package is decent
Compensation is above most in the industry
Opportunity for career growth is available

Cons

Disorganized and cumbersome environment due to overlapping processes, procedure and protocol. Makes it hard to learn quickly and can be discouraging. Managements expectation for results with out support leaves an environment solely for those who can survive on a desert island.
If you are not a fighter, you will not excell, so one of two things will happen, you will become a fighter and loose yourself in the position, then get laid off, or you will quit.

Stop talking about it, and start Building a focus that is centered on people, that is genuine and sincere and Apria will turn around and continue to flourish, the customers want competence, understanding, compassion and an HME company that is easy to work with, since in most cases our patients have much too much to worry about. They do not want one, or a few of these things, they want and DESERVE ALL of the above. The last thing they need is to find another struggle when they are in need of service, Calling India does not put the customer or the referral at ease, being transferred to multiple call centers because employees are not cross trained to effectively assist with a need does not put the customer at ease, having high turn over in management does not put the customer at ease. And, terminating relationships with employees who have established a solid rapport with customers and referalls over the span of 5-20 years experience, whose sole existance with the company is what keeps those customers and referrals loyal and returning to Apria despite the cumbersome processes is a lack in judgement. HME is a business, but it is a health care business, and those running the corporation need to hold themselves and the decisions they make to an ethical standard that aligns with their customers views on health care.

303 Other Employee Reviews for Apria Healthcare (View Most Recent)

We Strive For 5!

Current Employee - Clinical Service Technician in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Service Technician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Apria Healthcare

Pros

Great Training Great people . . apria is on the cutting edge of the home medical equipment industry and is ever evolving with a sight in looking foward to the future. Great compensation hours and benefits. This job has made me who i am today.

Cons

To me not so much a con . . . but at times there can be a heavy workload.

Aprias management may want to look at the ground level of the company to conduct the best buisness with patiients and insurance companies.

Money isn't everything

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Apria Healthcare

Pros

The pay is fairly decent.

Cons

No time given for training, but you're expected to produce, produce, produce. Don't ask questions--you'lll get yelled at and told to use your common sense. You'll never meet their expectations no matter how hard you try. Management appears to be friendly and sane during the interview, but they are merely good actors.

Get some training on how to open an Excel file or database and actually understand how to read it, rather than have everybody in the company spend hundreds of hours compiling the same information in yet another new report or log. Some of us would like to be given the time to do the job we were hired to do, rather than spend our day reporting on how we might be able to do it better.

There are newer employer reviews for Apria Healthcare