Aptean

There are newer employer reviews for Aptean

Atlanta Office is a Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aptean full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, great coworkers, wonderful IT department that gets me everything I need when I need it, great lower management, and most importantly free Starbucks coffee in the break room.

Cons

Very low cubical walls so there is little to no privacy, but it does allow you to get to know your coworkers very well. Also, Aptean is a global company so there are a lot of late/early morning meetings with other offices. It's not a job where you can surf the internet all day, but the work is challenging and engaging.

I am a new hire and I have been very impressed with Aptean so far. I'm sorry so many people are upset about the merger, but for an entry level employee this job is more than I could have every dreamed for. The work is engaging and challenging and there is something new to learn every day. I am very happy with my current position and look forward to a long and reward career with Aptean.

123 Other Employee Reviews for Aptean (View Most Recent)

The iron fist of Vista Equity Partners.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aptean full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are many great people working at Aptean. Aside from the actual work, it was somewhat enjoyable. Great benefits.

Cons

Vista runs everything with no input from Aptean employees. The Aptean Execs have no say-so in the companies direction. Salaries are well below other companies in the industry. They terminated many experienced employees and bring in people with little experience and pay them very little. There is no energy in anyone, They all just seem defeated. People are afriad to speak up for fear of being targeted by their superiors.

Ride it out until Vista sells Aptean.

Bottom-line focused company where software goes to die

I worked at Aptean as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and work environment. Good, loyal customer-base. Some good, experienced co-workers remain. Products that have some potential. There is opportunity if you are a self-starter.

Cons

Poor upper management with zero vision and inability to make/communicate hard decisions. Confusing and stagnated product lines with no real roadmap in sight. Tough place to work right now as the two companies merge together and everything is sorted out.

Improve communication and create a viable vision for both customers and employees. Need to establish a real company culture and make some hard decisions.

There are newer employer reviews for Aptean