Company with good potential

I have been working at Aptiv Solutions full-time

Pros

The Company grew out by merge of few companies. Based on previous knowledge and expertise the company goes on with further development focusing on special areas (adaptive trials, medical device etc). Company has a good potential for further grows and development.

Cons

The company is young and it was built of few different companies - so its internal processes and communications are not so efficient. This is also relevant to HR processes.

There are may good initiatives regarding internal processes which still require better implementation (and follow up).

Other Reviews for Aptiv Solutions

Thankful it is over now - consider motivations before joining - massively frustrating!

Former Employee - Recruitment Manager
    Former Employee - Recruitment Manager

I worked at Aptiv Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good concept regarding Adaptive Trials
    Good European Business Managers with broad knowledge
    Decent Salary/Home Working

Cons

Very poor management team
    Lack of proper objectives
    Fragmented Business Processes
    European Business Driven by American Methodology - Does Not Work!

The concept behind what they are trying to offer clients is very good, cost effective and much more driven to what the client wants, the business itself is somewhat fragmented with people doing what they want or continuing to do what they did in the old legacy companies prior to the merger, people outside of the US lack any real vision of where the company is going, the majority of people struggle with the way legacy Averion want things done as on the whole it lacks any real localisation, it is just do it that way because Big America tells you to do so.

My personal experience was it is a difficult organisation to maintain any consistency in, you may be responsible for something but so many people deviate from the process and course it is quite unreal, best practice is not based on anything that is tangible, people think they are experts in European matters just because they are American which is incredibly disillusioned, many business leaders from other merged companies feel the job they were told it was and the actual job differ more than chalk and cheese, from my part I feel I was suppressed and actually de-skilled rather than actually any form of personal development in my time there.

My advice would be it is a good company to join if you are coming straight from academia but if you have worked for a medium / large CRO it is too different and too frustrating to make such a move unless you want to lose a lot of the back office and support functions you have in such businesses.

My management team were poor, lacking in any constructive feedback, objectives set late and I was ignored by my line manager as soon as I tendered my resignation, in fact she never spoke to me after that time not even to wish me well, incredibly bad people skills for the Chief People Officer of any business not just a people driven company like Aptiv Solutions

New company still finding it's feet....

I have been working at Aptiv Solutions

Pros

As it is a new company there is a lot of change, but this gives the opportunity to influence decisions etc. Still learning new ways and methods of doing things.

Cons

Management aren't very good at telling you what is happening with all the changes that are going on, need to be more communicative.

There are newer employer reviews for Aptiv Solutions.

Worked for Aptiv Solutions? Contribute to the Community!