There are newer employer reviews for Apttus

Thrice in a lifetime opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Engineer  in  San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Sales Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Apttus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture. Time flies because the work is challenging, meaningful and interesting. Opportunities to reach the potential of your abilities because of the explosive growth. Working in a massively growing industry solving BIG business problems. Industry leader in the product space.

Cons

Very challenging getting up to speed. Because of the growth there is very little hand holding and difficult at times to know where to go for answers. You don't know what you don't know till you know it.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Apttus (View Most Recent)

Rapidly growing, high-potential company with tremendous personal career growth opportunities

I have been working at Apttus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Apttus is a rapidly growing, high potential company that rewards high performers with ample opportunities to fully own key areas of growth. You're surrounded by high-energy, intelligent people, who all pull their weight -- this is often rare. Yes, we do have some management issues, as well as underdeveloped areas and processes; but people willing to be a part of the solution are recognized, and this equates to significant opportunities to grow one's career.
    Our products are strong. Combining this with our partnership with Salesforce lends a credibility and usability to our products that is rare in this space. Many reviews here list the negatives, and yes, issues exist -- but they do in all young, growing companies. We're working to solve these issues by growing our talent and hiring the right people throughout the ranks. These people are beginning to shift the culture and make the necessary changes to improve. Having been an employee for over a year, I'm shocked at how we've grown and improved over this time span, and I anticipate the next year will be even better.

Cons

We're growing, fast -- this results often in long hours and more work to do than there is time in a day. This can pose work-life balance issues if you're not careful. We're hiring at an incredibly rapid rate, which has led to a largely new workforce. Sometimes it is hard to find resources that have been here long enough to know the correct processes and answers -- but our training and on-boarding processes are improving rapidly, and these people are coming up to speed faster and faster. I have ranked Senior Management as neutral at this time, as there are significant issues in management style in some areas. However, as these teams grow and the org charts shift, we will see improvement. If I could pick and choose a rating by department, I'd be selecting a 4 or 5 star ranking in most. This all said, having watched the evolution of Apttus over the past year, I guarantee the internal challenges we see today, will not be the challenges that exist in a year.

Exciting company with opportunities to succeed

I have been working at Apttus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Apttus still has that Start up mentality with a real product and real revenues. Does not have the legacy software mentalities that slow innovation and results. At Apttus the company culture is all about getting the job done. Erase the word "NO" from your vocabulary and forget what you know about how the other guys (Oracle, SAP, etc.) do business. Come ready to work hard and make a difference.

Cons

Fast pace! Some people can not keep up with the expectations to deliver. Lots of new people at the company still figuring out how to get it done. Work life balance is all up to the employee because everyone works really hard.

Keep hiring the right people and make sure to keep the good ones you have.

There are newer employer reviews for Apttus

Worked for Apttus? Contribute to the Community!