Aqua America
www.aquaamerica.com Bryn Mawr, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Run .... don't walk .... away from this company

Mid-level Manager (Current Employee)
Bryn Mawr, PA

I have been working at Aqua America full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's a paycheck and the company is stable since it's a monopoly and the customers don't have a choice. There are some really good people working there in mid-level and lower-level jobs, although most of them are unhappy and looking to leave.

ConsManagement has one goal: make more money for themselves at the expense of customers and employees. If this company was in a competitive environment, most customers would go elsewhere. If the job market was stronger, most employees would go elsewhere. This company is so stuck in the past, I'm surprised they don't still use rotary phones and have a pool of stenographers taking shorthand. Several good employees left recently after LESS THAN ONE YEAR with the company. Others are looking to get out as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to management: introduce yourselves to the 21st century. 1950 was a great year, but it's time to move on.

Aqua life

Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Aqua America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Very laid back atmosphere, more like a big family. Cons: Some find it hard to move up, it your happy with not… Advice to Senior Management: ... More

Have learned a lot about the water company and procedures

Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Aqua America

Pros: I am able to work Monday - Friday with out having to work on week-ends and they never have mandatory overtime. Love the… Cons: the area i work in is not fair when it comes to attendance. the supervisor comes in late and so it makes it hard to… Advice to Senior Management: everyone including the supervisor should have to log into the system to show what time they come in if ever.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Aqua America.

Worked for Aqua America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aqua America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aqua America CEO Nicholas DeBenedictis. All reviews posted anonymously by Aqua America employees.