There are newer employer reviews for Aqua America

Aqua America, a good middle of the career job

Current Employee - Operator in Hawley, PA
Current Employee - Operator in Hawley, PA

I have been working at Aqua America

Pros

The company allows great company vehicles that we are allowed to take home. The company also has a benefit package that is outstanding including med, dental, and vision. There is a program for buying company stocks at whatever rate you would like. The company also give good dividends.

Cons

The problem with aqua is if you want extra money than you need an extra job. The goal of aqua is for everything to work the way it should and when it does you only receive 40 hours a week. It is their goal to keep work at a minimum. Another issue is in the smaller divisions job positons do not change frequently so if you want to advance you need to move and change divisions.

Advice to Management

Make things easier for operators not for the company checkbook

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It is a good professional company.

I have been working at Aqua America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like that I'm assured 40 hours, but if I work more I am compensated.

Cons

Sometimes I work a lot of hours.

Peaks and Valleys

Current Employee - Manager in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Phila, PA

I have been working at Aqua America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The peaks are not very high and the valleys are very low. I read a recent review of another company in the same industry and the quote was "no one knows what they are doing or what the direction of the company is" . The same can be said about Aqua. It is not run like a $5B market cap business. It is run by one man who wont let go and even when he "retires" he will still be around. It is run like his own little toy and micro managed down to the light bulbs in the building.

Cons

id say see above. I am thankful to have a job. the CEO has rewarded himself greatly over the last few years knowing he is going to retire yet over the life of his tenure his employees have been paid an ABYSMAL salary. Its a joke. So far under the standard across the industry.

Advice to Management

Cut out the fluff, stop with the "we are a cutting edge high tech company....One Company philosophy"....all BS. You are a Water Utility. You will only grow when someone wants to sell at or below rate base. which means you are not going to grow by purchasing municipalities that do not want sell and you cannot afford even if they wanted to sell. Pay according to industry standards. Stop the bullying of employees. Morale is so low already. Its obvious and apparent. You have an HR issue ready to explode.