Aquent

There are newer employer reviews for Aquent

Nice people, ok benefits

Current Employee - Media Author III in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Media Author III in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aquent full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Recruiters and resource managers are generally nice. Environment is good at the position they placed me in and in general it seems like they care about my well being.

Cons

They take a large cut of your money like most staffing agencies do.
Benefits are only ok.
No vacation time.
No bonuses for hours worked.
No sick days.

Give your employees sick days and vacation so they can continue making you free money.

162 Other Employee Reviews for Aquent (View Most Recent)

Beware. Your contract can be changed at will.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Aquent as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Aquent has relationships with some reputable companies.

Cons

Aquent can change your rate "at will" with no notice. Your contract with them means absolutely nothing because they can and will send you a new contract during the middle of an assignment for a different (lower) rate. This happened to me and two other people in my department. Worst part was they didn't call to explain, they sent new "assignment" notices and pretended like they were nothing important, my rep said just sign them. Only by reading carefully did we see that the emails were actually new contracts with rate reductions. Aquent made what they claim was an "error" on my contract and two other people's contracts where I'm working. Instead of honoring the current rate until the end of the 6 month contract and re-negotiating after that with contract extensions - or splitting the difference of their errors -- they lowered our rates by a significant amount -- effective immediately.
    Aquent sent an email to us with a description of how much money Aquent is losing monthly and insinuated that we are lucky they aren't reducing our rates retroactively! We each got exactly the same email with the $ amounts changed per the individual's rate "error". Aquent couldn't even send us individual emails, addressing us personally. After calling the department of labor, I was told that this was absolutely legal. Perhaps not quite ethical and above board, but absolutely legal.
    The company we are contracted to work at is not impressed with Aquent at all.

Treat your "talent" better, honor your contracts, and do not try to pass rate reductions off as "new employment" announcements. If you can change my rate at will, don't bother giving me a contract you don't intend to honor.

Great benefits - even for part-time contractors!

Current Employee - Marketing/Communications Writer in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing/Communications Writer in Plano, TX

I have been working at Aquent as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I was really impressed with the benefits package - excellent health care, 401K, flexible spending accounts for healthcare, parking, child or elder care, reasonable holidays - and I was just working part-time! I became benefits-eligible after working 20 hours a week for four weeks - but had to maintain . They also offered a number of helpful webinars and contests on health and wellness topics, as well as some training opportunities.

The staff members I dealt with were always very friendly and helpful. While I was working, I heard from my agent on a regular basis, and felt like she genuinely cared about me and my career.

Also, the online interface was easy to use -- to enter time cards, check benefits and refer friends.

Cons

After my last contract came to an end, I haven't heard much from them. I had hoped for more support in finding another contract. I've heard the same complaint from another contractor who worked for the same client I did.

From talking to other people who work on a contract basis, other firms offer more training resources. I was offered a couple of weeks of online self-paced training, but friends tell me other firms have considerably more available for contractors.

There are newer employer reviews for Aquent