Aquent

There are newer employer reviews for Aquent

Friendly place, better than they were as Sakson and Taylor

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Aquent as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Reasonably friendly and efficient, they contacted me and got me a couple solid contracts.

Cons

Somewhat limited clientele. Also, when they were Sakson and Taylor they threatened to sue me for breach of contract because I didn't work the full length of a contract with them. No issues with that sort of nonsense since they went to Aquent.

Keep expanding the network in the northwest.

163 Other Employee Reviews for Aquent (View Most Recent)

Nice people, ok benefits

Current Employee - Media Author III in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Media Author III in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aquent full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Recruiters and resource managers are generally nice. Environment is good at the position they placed me in and in general it seems like they care about my well being.

Cons

They take a large cut of your money like most staffing agencies do.
    Benefits are only ok.
    No vacation time.
    No bonuses for hours worked.
    No sick days.

Give your employees sick days and vacation so they can continue making you free money.

Beware. Your contract can be changed at will.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Aquent as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Aquent has relationships with some reputable companies.

Cons

Aquent can change your rate "at will" with no notice. Your contract with them means absolutely nothing because they can and will send you a new contract during the middle of an assignment for a different (lower) rate. This happened to me and two other people in my department. Worst part was they didn't call to explain, they sent new "assignment" notices and pretended like they were nothing important, my rep said just sign them. Only by reading carefully did we see that the emails were actually new contracts with rate reductions. Aquent made what they claim was an "error" on my contract and two other people's contracts where I'm working. Instead of honoring the current rate until the end of the 6 month contract and re-negotiating after that with contract extensions - or splitting the difference of their errors -- they lowered our rates by a significant amount -- effective immediately.
    Aquent sent an email to us with a description of how much money Aquent is losing monthly and insinuated that we are lucky they aren't reducing our rates retroactively! We each got exactly the same email with the $ amounts changed per the individual's rate "error". Aquent couldn't even send us individual emails, addressing us personally. After calling the department of labor, I was told that this was absolutely legal. Perhaps not quite ethical and above board, but absolutely legal.
    The company we are contracted to work at is not impressed with Aquent at all.

Treat your "talent" better, honor your contracts, and do not try to pass rate reductions off as "new employment" announcements. If you can change my rate at will, don't bother giving me a contract you don't intend to honor.

There are newer employer reviews for Aquent