Aquent Staffing - Good jobs with good pay

Former Contractor - Web Communications Specialist in Washington, DC
Former Contractor - Web Communications Specialist in Washington, DC

I worked at Aquent as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Aquent hired me to work on a web content migration project. This got my foot in the door with them, but also with web services in general. It paid far better than previous temp gigs, and the work was substantive.

Cons

There were gaps between gigs. Of recent, they have not been as accessible or responsive. I have updated my online profile several times and my agent never approved it. Also, the job selection they've been posting on their site hasn't been great.

Advice to Management

I don't have any because I have no interaction with upper management.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great for people who thrive on change

I have been working at Aquent full-time

Pros

- Constant change
    - Unlimited opportunity to grow in your position
    - Flexibility to work anywhere in the globe
    - INCREDIBLE benefit package for full-time employees
    - Exceptional health care coverage for freelancers (talent)
    - Fun environment
    - High energy people
    - Smart people
    - Senior management team is more approachable than any other company I've worked at
    - Like risk takers and thinkers

Cons

If you do not like change, or like to be challenged, then this is not a company for you.

Bait and Switch - Beware

Former Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

I worked at Aquent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They talk a good game when you are interviewing.

Training out of corporate appears good, but its not reality.

Cons

Based on my experience, this company needs some serious focus on how to on-board new employees to existing accounts. After returning from overall training provided by corporate, I received direct contradictions from my teams mates in the office as to what parts to "forget".

After my experience with Aquent as a staff recruiter, I want to stay as far away from this organization as possible. Hind sight shows me that I did not have any support from my "team" from the beginning, I did not know who my manager was which is a very awkward oversight and I felt completely ambushed the day my job ended.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your own staff like contingency workers. After you have spent time and money in recruiting and training then, they are commodities and a resource. They really should not be disposed of, discarded and tossed.

Train personnel in Team Building and Leadership skills before they receive promotions to Team Leads.

How about incorporating an exit interview managed at corporate by the training staff to get the real skinny on what has happened when an employee is let go?

Create a HR department that is actually a full-service HR department so when employees begin to have a small issues there is someone they can talk to before it become large, big issues. An HR department that only on-boards employees and releases employees, like Aquent's HR department gets really good at doing those two things -- that's it. Future employees beware.