Aquent

www.aquent.com

Bait and Switch - Beware

Recruiter (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThey talk a good game when you are interviewing.

Training out of corporate appears good, but its not reality.

ConsBased on my experience, this company needs some serious focus on how to on-board new employees to existing accounts. After returning from overall training provided by corporate, I received direct contradictions from my teams mates in the office as to what parts to "forget".

After my experience with Aquent as a staff recruiter, I want to stay as far away from this organization as possible. Hind sight shows me that I did not have any support from my "team" from the beginning, I did not know who my manager was which is a very awkward oversight and I felt completely ambushed the day my job ended.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your own staff like contingency workers. After you have spent time and money in recruiting and training then, they are commodities and a resource. They really should not be disposed of, discarded and tossed.

Train personnel in Team Building and Leadership skills before they receive promotions to Team Leads.

How about incorporating an exit interview managed at corporate by the training staff to get the real skinny on what has happened when an employee is let go?

Create a HR department that is actually a full-service HR department so when employees begin to have a small issues there is someone they can talk to before it become large, big issues. An HR department that only on-boards employees and releases employees, like Aquent's HR department gets really good at doing those two things -- that's it. Future employees beware.

Friendly place, better than they were as Sakson and Taylor

Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Aquent as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Reasonably friendly and efficient, they contacted me and got me… Cons: Somewhat limited clientele. Also, when they were Sakson and Taylor they threatened to sue me for breach of contract because I… Advice to Senior Management: Keep expanding the network in the northwest. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Nice people, ok benefits

Media Author III (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aquent full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Recruiters and resource managers are generally nice. Environment is good at the position they… Cons: They take a large cut of your money like most staffing agencies… Advice to Senior Management: Give your employees sick days and vacation so they can… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Aquent.

Worked for Aquent? Contribute to the Community!