Aquent

www.aquent.com
  www.aquent.com
There are newer employer reviews for Aquent

Great place to work

I have been working at Aquent full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible culture - good work/ life balance. Great people.

Cons

Need better technology support/ tools

162 Other Employee Reviews for Aquent (View Most Recent)

Aquent Review

Current Employee - User Experience Design Dev in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - User Experience Design Dev in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aquent as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Aquent, a tech staffing company offers positive and committed staff who were readily available on campus, and keep in touch with you via email. They offer free training courses both onsite and online for your career which were generally pretty good.

Cons

When I last ended a contract, I didn't see much action from them with interviews, and ended up going to another agency. Also, it would have been nice to see more action on their part towards vendor placement. In Washington state, companies are required to limit contract work to one year. Vendors do not have the same limitation.

Definitely screen anyone who may be teaching a course at your offices. I had a bad experience with the HTML5 CSS3 course you offered in the spring of 2012. The instructor was not as prepared when we actually came to the coding section.

Great staffing company to work for

Current Employee - Web Professional in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Web Professional in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aquent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Compared to other contractors at my work location where 3 others are from other agencies, Aquent seems the best. Their health care pkg is better than what most companies offer to full-time employees. Low cost health care plan w/ a major health care provider, HSA, Commuter SA etc.
    And they pay to their contractors weekly.

Cons

Other agency people get paid on company holidays (Christmas, July 4th, Thanksgiving etc.). But Aquent doesn't. If you are assigned to a work place w/ Christmas and New Years week shut down, for example, you don't get paid for 1 to 1.5 weeks. Financially tough holiday season...At least, they should pay to long-term contractors when Aquent offices are closed for holidays because we work for them 40 hrs a week too.

Would be nicer if they offer 401K matching.

There are newer employer reviews for Aquent