There are newer employer reviews for Aquent

Quick access to job opportunities after a relocation!

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Oakland, CA
Former Contractor - Project Manager in Oakland, CA

I worked at Aquent as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

After moving to a new town without having a job lined up, I submitted my resume to Aquent. Within a few weeks that had a job opportunity for me, within a month I was contracting at a large national company. After a year, that company hired me full time. The people at Aquent were very nice and professional, and would check in on me from time to time to make sure I was happy with the contracted position. They also offered health care that was very reasonable and better than anything I could have bought on my own. If I am ever in the same situation again, I will contact the local Aquent office before sending one-off resumes to dozens of companies (who rarely even respond these days).

Cons

At the end of the day, they usually find you contract positions that expire after a certain time period.

Advice to Management

n/a

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Average for the non-developer professional in Seattle

Former Contractor - Production Designer in Seattle, WA
    Former Contractor - Production Designer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Aquent as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They mainly deal in Long-Term contracts only.

Cons

My contract was terminated in order to keep an internal team busy during a slow period. I was told this on a Thursday at 5pm over the phone from a manager in the room adjacent to me.

Advice to Management

Stop believing in the myth that we (the talent) should be grateful just to have a job (any job).

A highly mismanaged company

Current Employee - Account Director
    Current Employee - Account Director

I have been working at Aquent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

Too many misguided and short lived initiatives, the company values and schedules too many team meetings/ conference calls over client meetings.. Senior management reluctant to learn new CRM tools as new reports look too different from Aquent's home grown, error filled tool. Recent and severe commission restructuring that drives sales comp down to 1%. While other competitors are experiencing revenue increases, Aquent is suffering from negative P/L for the previous quarter.

Advice to Management

Step out of the ivory tower, learn and embrace new tools and for God's sake stop saddling your sales team with busy work... Replacing Salesforce as a CRM with 20+ excel spreadsheets is a backward and inefficient way to manage your sales/client activities!