There are newer employer reviews for Aquent

Quick access to job opportunities after a relocation!

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Oakland, CA
Former Contractor - Project Manager in Oakland, CA

I worked at Aquent as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

After moving to a new town without having a job lined up, I submitted my resume to Aquent. Within a few weeks that had a job opportunity for me, within a month I was contracting at a large national company. After a year, that company hired me full time. The people at Aquent were very nice and professional, and would check in on me from time to time to make sure I was happy with the contracted position. They also offered health care that was very reasonable and better than anything I could have bought on my own. If I am ever in the same situation again, I will contact the local Aquent office before sending one-off resumes to dozens of companies (who rarely even respond these days).

Cons

At the end of the day, they usually find you contract positions that expire after a certain time period.

Advice to Management

n/a

Other Employee Reviews for Aquent

A highly mismanaged company

Current Employee - Account Director
    Current Employee - Account Director

I have been working at Aquent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

Too many misguided and short lived initiatives, the company values and schedules too many team meetings/ conference calls over client meetings.. Senior management reluctant to learn new CRM tools as new reports look too different from Aquent's home grown, error filled tool. Recent and severe commission restructuring that drives sales comp down to 1%. While other competitors are experiencing revenue increases, Aquent is suffering from negative P/L for the previous quarter.

Advice to Management

Step out of the ivory tower, learn and embrace new tools and for God's sake stop saddling your sales team with busy work... Replacing Salesforce as a CRM with 20+ excel spreadsheets is a backward and inefficient way to manage your sales/client activities!

2. A pretty good company but lack of consistency in their practices

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Aquent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, including unlimited PTO. Solid clients, hot niche (Creative/Marketing), and solid training program.

Cons

Big inconsistencies/gaps on internal employee salaries; as well as internal practices, Aquent allows some people to work from home and others are cramped in small uncomfortable offices. Lack of management and direction in the office is another issue. No reward programs or internal events to encourage a team oriented and contributive work environment.

Advice to Management

As any company Aquents' priority is productivity and results, however look for the best way to motivate, reward, and develop the staff to get there. if you don't want to invest money and resources in a decent office for staff, then develop an effective program to have them all work from home. Try to increase diversity hiring more minorities, since you are a Certified Minority Business Enterprise. Last but not least important, your HR department consist of 1 person supporting both, internal employees and contractors. Needless to say that although that person is a top notch HR professional, the HR operation/services comes up short as it's understaffed.