Aquent

A Good Agency To Work Through

Current Employee - Hourly Talent in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Hourly Talent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Aquent

Pros

Respectful, upbeat agents
They offer health insurance
Pays quickly

Cons

You'll make less than if you freelance directly with an employer, but that's to be expected

Training opportunities would be a plus.

161 Other Employee Reviews for Aquent (View Most Recent)

Aquent has always worked hard to find me placement.

Former Employee - Freelancer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Freelancer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Aquent

Pros

1. Great money
    2. Professional Staff
    3. Good response time
    4. Great benefits
    5. They don't seem to hold a grudge if a placement doesn't work out for you.

Cons

1. Their market depends on the general employment market of the area
    2. It's freelance work, never guaranteed (as usual for freelance)
    3. Their contracts prevent you from being hired by an employer that you have freelanced for unless the employer pays them (again, all usual stuff for freelancers)

When I first started, Aquent had many more listings than other placement agencies. Now that the others have caught up, Aquent needs to offer some additional benefit to choosing to work with them instead of any of the other (just as good) agencies.

Aquent Partners

Current Employee - Freelance Designer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Freelance Designer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Aquent

Pros

Aquent is one of the largest staffing agencies for creatives. I've worked with them on and off over the course of many years and have always found them to be helpful for finding temporary work or long-term contract positions. They've placed me jobs that have led to permanent hire and were helpful in finding work after being laid off.

The staff, and my Agent, have always been very friendly, professional, helpful and available to assist in any way they can. Aquent offers additional training onsite at their offices if you need it, and if you work consistently, you are eligible for health benefits—very important these days! They also partner with many other company's (Apple being one of them) to offer their employees discounts on services and merchandise.

Cons

There are very few cons that I can think of with working with Aquent and the con depends on the economy, so it really isn't a reflection on the company itself. The one downside is that in a bad economy the variety of assignments is limited. In years past, if I had an assignment for two weeks that ended, typically, I could be working again soon after. Nowadays it seems that assignments are scarce and I've been lucky to be on assignment with my former employer. On one hand companies are hiring temps to do the work because they don't have budgets to hire anyone, but on the other hand....there are fewer positions overall to be filled—contract or permanent.

Keep up the good work!