Senior Business Consultant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

I have been working at Aquilent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers, HR team, ethical company, culture, benefits, track record of success. I was actually compelled to write a review because my experience has not at all reflected some of the other reviews on this site. The environment / culture may not for everyone. I find it very rewarding to work with such smart, driven and helpful people.

Cons

Need for better communication throughout the company

Advice to Management

Work to find ways to include more employees in corporate inititatives

Other Employee Reviews for Aquilent

Unprofessional Management...

Former Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Laurel, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Laurel, MD

I worked at Aquilent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HR team was great! Some of my former co-workers were top notch. A few interesting projects and decent work. Nothing cutting edge for sure and only the long time employees get a shot at the good work despite some of their lack of high end work experience.

Cons

It is a good ole boy atmosphere. Great if you like that sort of management style and coworker attitude. Not everyone, but the long time employees there are very reluctant to engage newer employees. I was told it was because they let go new people when there isn't enough work which is often. Very stifling office atmosphere in Laurel as not many people talk to one another and the location is ghetto. A lot of promises made but very little kept by management and they go after work without the talent to perform the work. A sweatshop in disguise and once I figured that out I got out. It is the trailer park of IT service companies.

Advice to Management

Where do I start? You should know something is wrong with your approach when there is such a high turnover rate.

2. Aquilent is a great company with great people

Former Employee - Various in Laurel, MD
    Former Employee - Various in Laurel, MD

I worked at Aquilent full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Ability to own your job. No micro-management here. - Fun atmosphere with lots of activities after hours - Knowledgeable co-workers helps to get the job done in a quality way

Cons

- Slow hiring process makes it difficult to staff up when needed - Short-staffed for "non-billable" type of work such as proposals and BD makes it difficult if that is part of your job

Advice to Management

- Rethink how BD and proposals are done - maybe staff up on overhead