Unprofessional Management...

Former Employee - Senior Business Consultant  in  Laurel, MD
Former Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Laurel, MD

I worked at Aquilent full-time for more than a year

Pros

HR team was great! Some of my former co-workers were top notch. A few interesting projects and decent work. Nothing cutting edge for sure and only the long time employees get a shot at the good work despite some of their lack of high end work experience.

Cons

It is a good ole boy atmosphere. Great if you like that sort of management style and coworker attitude. Not everyone, but the long time employees there are very reluctant to engage newer employees. I was told it was because they let go new people when there isn't enough work which is often. Very stifling office atmosphere in Laurel as not many people talk to one another and the location is ghetto. A lot of promises made but very little kept by management and they go after work without the talent to perform the work. A sweatshop in disguise and once I figured that out I got out. It is the trailer park of IT service companies.

Where do I start? You should know something is wrong with your approach when there is such a high turnover rate.

Other Reviews for Aquilent

Aquilent is a great company with great people

Former Employee - Various  in  Laurel, MD
    Former Employee - Various in Laurel, MD

I worked at Aquilent full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Ability to own your job. No micro-management here.
    - Fun atmosphere with lots of activities after hours
    - Knowledgeable co-workers helps to get the job done in a quality way

Cons

- Slow hiring process makes it difficult to staff up when needed
    - Short-staffed for "non-billable" type of work such as proposals and BD makes it difficult if that is part of your job

- Rethink how BD and proposals are done - maybe staff up on overhead

Past Employee waiting to see what other employees had say before I would write anything... 2008 to 2011... buyer beware.

Current Employee - Lead Business Consultant  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Lead Business Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Aquilent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Over the three years that I was an employee the salary was great along with bonus...

Cons

Once management found out I was looking around... they basically tried to be-rate me by reporting to consultant which was someone below my pay raise. What was the worst was that when the consultant did my appraisal (which he had never done with anyone else) he said he had put in the review that I had done a fantastic job during that year. The management told him to reduce the grading and they added false information to make sure I did not get a bonus the final year - while I had brought in over a million dollars in new business while working with this consultant at another location... not good

Work with honesty and truthfulness with your employees....

There are newer employer reviews for Aquilent.

Worked for Aquilent? Contribute to the Community!