Aquilent

www.aquilent.com
  www.aquilent.com
There are newer employer reviews for Aquilent

A good company for go-getters.

Former Employee - Creative in Laurel, MD
Former Employee - Creative in Laurel, MD

I worked at Aquilent full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I spent five fairly happy years at Aquilent, and I learned a great deal from my colleagues. The company is just small enough that you can feel like you're making a difference *if* you're willing to put in the work and reach beyond your job description. If you get involved in Business Development there, then you've got it made. The culture is very collegial. The consultants there are very bright, but you don't get a lot of hyper-inflated egos.

Cons

If you're not careful, you can find yourself body-shopped onto a long-term drudge gig.

One of the members of the senior leadership is Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. He can be nice to you one day and then really insulting the next.

Get Dr. Jeckyll some better medication.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Aquilent (View Most Recent)

Senior Business Consultant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

I have been working at Aquilent full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers, HR team, ethical company, culture, benefits, track record of success. I was actually compelled to write a review because my experience has not at all reflected some of the other reviews on this site. The environment / culture may not for everyone. I find it very rewarding to work with such smart, driven and helpful people.

Cons

Need for better communication throughout the company

Work to find ways to include more employees in corporate inititatives

Unprofessional Management...

Former Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Laurel, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Laurel, MD

I worked at Aquilent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

HR team was great! Some of my former co-workers were top notch. A few interesting projects and decent work. Nothing cutting edge for sure and only the long time employees get a shot at the good work despite some of their lack of high end work experience.

Cons

It is a good ole boy atmosphere. Great if you like that sort of management style and coworker attitude. Not everyone, but the long time employees there are very reluctant to engage newer employees. I was told it was because they let go new people when there isn't enough work which is often. Very stifling office atmosphere in Laurel as not many people talk to one another and the location is ghetto. A lot of promises made but very little kept by management and they go after work without the talent to perform the work. A sweatshop in disguise and once I figured that out I got out. It is the trailer park of IT service companies.

Where do I start? You should know something is wrong with your approach when there is such a high turnover rate.

There are newer employer reviews for Aquilent