There are newer employer reviews for Arapahoe County

For a government agency, the county runs very efficiently and productively.

Former Employee - Administrative in Littleton, CO
Former Employee - Administrative in Littleton, CO

I worked at Arapahoe County full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, job security and great co-workers!

Cons

For me the location was far and not too much flex time in my position.

Advice to Management

Institute more flex and job sharing to help working families.

Other Employee Reviews for Arapahoe County

Love the job, dislike management's unrealistic expectation and treatment of employees.

Current Employee - Program Specialist in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Program Specialist in Aurora, CO

Pros

Bottom line, Arapahoe County pays okay. Regardless of the number of hours worked in a month, you will be paid the salary of 2618.00 (unless of course, you are authorized OT- then you do get paid time and a half.) Great co workers and a fulfilment of helping others in need. 8 hours of sick and vacation accrue every month and off on some unsuspecting holidays (Columbus Day). Oh yeah, a really great training program. They have the greatest trainers. Great Community Support Services division manager, who acknowledges you when you walk by. Seriously.

Cons

Most of the supervisors are pretty rude and not quite understanding which, of course, makes the job harder. The second a question is asked they pretend to know and then brush you off like you are bothering them. We are given so many interviews and applications to process a day, with only 1 hour to do everything asked. They constantly change the process of the business so the second you get something they are changing it again. There are just so many problems with supervisor, I cannot and will not go into it all. Pretty much the turnover rate is so high, not because the job itself, but because of management treatment.

Disappointing, they just can't get their act together

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Pros

The benefits and work life balance use to be great, Great co-workers who care about the County and it's Citizens and take pride in their work

Cons

No one is in charge! We're on the bus and no one is driving, no respect for knowledge or experience, sure we can always do better but this isn't a Fortune 500 company, it's a County - Local Government not a flashy trendy Telecom Company

Advice to Management

Think about what you really want to do, just one or two things and focus on those, work on knowledgement and creating a learning culture not a culture of let's do anything as long as it's different....it's got to be better than those dummies before me.