Arapahoe County
www.co.arapahoe.co.us Littleton, CO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Solid government employer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Centennial, CO

I worked at Arapahoe County

ProsI felt secure at Arapahoe County even during the rounds of layoffs. I trusted my supervisor and manager to keep me in the loop, and they did. My supervisor and manager were both excellent - very supportive, gave positive feedback about my job performance, and were very gracious when I needed to take time off due to a death in my family. I also really liked being able to work a flex schedule (4 days per week) and we had good health care coverage. Overall, I felt this was a positive place to work.

ConsThe downside to working for Arapahoe County is that although I had a secure job, the pay scale was so poor that I had about $15 left at the end of the month. Of course, this was somewhat offset by my supervisor allowing me to work a flex schedule (four 10-hour shifts per week). The other downside was that I didn't think our payroll department was very professional -- not only did we only get paid once per month, but payroll botched our last direct deposit of 2008. I don't know how I managed to avoid bouncing checks. It was a nightmare.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am not sure why executive management is having the lower-level employees do the strategic planning for the company, but if the executives aren't doing the legwork on strategic planning, then my question remains...what is management doing?

Information Technology Organization Growth Opportunity

Applications Supervisor (Current Employee)
Littleton, CO

I have been working at Arapahoe County

Pros: Great place for novice and senior workers - equal opportunity for all if required skills evident. Employees help each other in accomplishing work efforts.… Cons: Government - very limited in ability to recognize performance with… Advice to Senior Management: Utilize the experience and knowledge of new hires to evaluate and improve existing department structure, procedures, and employee recognition; step… More

Good place to work.

I have been working at Arapahoe County

Pros: Great benefits, nice co-workers, work life balance. Cons: Not much room for advancement. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Arapahoe County.

Worked for Arapahoe County? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arapahoe County reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Arapahoe County employees.