Aravo

www.aravo.com

Not what I expect from a software company 10+ years old.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsChallenging projects. Opportunity to inform product direction. Good teammates.

ConsProjects are challenging because the product is challenged. Software that is 10 years old should not be this hard to use. The product rarely does half of what it is sold as doing and the half it does do is not pleasing to use.

It seems anyone who is not hands on, using the product really has no idea how it is used. Especially sales, management, and executives. The engineers can tell you how any single features works but not how any group of them would all work together to solve a single customer use case.

I imagine that every 6-9 months the executive and business development teams will have a brainstorming session with sales and choose a new direction for what Aravo is. Then they push this on the product and engineering teams who have to divert attention from making the core product work. Before a year is up "opps" the new plan doesn't work and the cycle repeats.

This dysfunctional, wild, change in direction annually has lead to a customer base of 8, yes 8, customers who all have no idea of how or why they use the software and each one does something totally different with it. The engineering teams are tied up making sure they don't break these 8 custom configurations and left little time to actually create innovative software.

This is not a software company. This is a sales organization that happens to have a few engineers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick one direction and stick with it until you do it well - from sales, to implementation, through support. Of course this all needs to be based on a solid, easy to use core product.

Great people to work with

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aravo

Pros: Challenging problems to solve Great People Great Location Cons: Under financed Strategic direction not aligned with management focus Advice to Senior Management: Allow more leadership from below Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Disfunctional Management

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Portland, OR

I have been working at Aravo

Pros: Smart engineers, small company feel and agile (Scrum) methodology, informal,… Cons: Management are NOT technical, they are 'Sales guys' ...they have big gold Rolexes and loud voices and talk about 'buyout' and… Advice to Senior Management: We dont't need you! Get out of the way! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Aravo.

Worked for Aravo? Contribute to the Community!