Arbitron
www.arbitron.com Columbia, MD 1000 to 5000 Employees

Large company benefits, small company comraderie

I have been working at Arbitron

ProsThe Human Resources department stresses that Arbitron is committed to employee growth and satisfaction. However, in my epxerience, it all depends on the particular department that one is with that determines the quality of management, growth potential and work-life balance. I would definitely recommend the company to other people.

ConsThere is a lot of senior management, so every project has to be filtered. It takes a while for any little thing to be approved. The final project is never as amazing as the initial concept after being approved by the higher up's. Ideas aren't very fresh; the senior management is a bit stale.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire smart people then get out of their way. What is the point in bringing in talented people if they can't express their talent and help move the company forward?

Solid Experience, Helped me professionally and then I left

Project Leader (Former Employee)

I worked at Arbitron

Pros: -Tuition Reimbursement -Work/Life Balance -Strong support of professional advancement (courses, conferences, etc.) -Interesting Work -Stable (for the entertainment industry, which is largely unstable). Never felt like I was… Cons: -If you're moving up really quick in your career, you unfortunately will eventually need to leave after 3-5 years or so. -Technology/Engineering group is particularly weak… Advice to Senior Management: -Management needs to be more open with employees about where they want to take the company and listen to employee recommendations once in awhile. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

great pay, easy to get fired

Research Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Arbitron

Pros: great pay and benefits after 90 days Cons: no room for mistakes or time off Advice to Senior Management: being to strict with time off , relax the laws… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Arbitron.

Worked for Arbitron? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arbitron reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Arbitron CEO William T. (Bill) Kerr. All reviews posted anonymously by Arbitron employees.