Arbor Advisors
arboradvisors.com Palo Alto, CA 6 to 15 Employees

Sales environment at the Associate level driven by tough senior management, great skill set to learn and move on quickly

Associate (Current Employee)
East Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Arbor Advisors

ProsGetting to learn how to cold call and sell on the phone is a skill set this job gave me that I value. In addition the junior level employees are great, and there is a lack of pretentiousness that typically accompanies investment banking. Fair to say though that this isn't really investment banking at the junior level, much closer to sales which I found to be a good thing. In addition since turnover is high your network becomes very valuable very quickly.

ConsThe compensation structure is not competitive per investment banking (which is fine since the job is closer to sales) however the visibility into bonus is almost zero which is frustrating. Senior management has a rudimentary grasp of corporate finance which makes training new employees in modeling, structured finance and M&A an afterthought there.

After three months at Arbor Advisors, all your colleagues and yourself included will be looking for an exit strategy.

Associate (Former Employee)
East Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Arbor Advisors

Pros: If you want to get "investment banking" on your resume, this is an opportunity to do that. You will gain extensive sales experience as… Cons: Lack of trust from senior management with Associates seen as a commodity. You will spend 10% of your day focused on HR recruitment, i.e.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

High level of autonomy, great exposure to technology entrepreneurs, sales heavy banking

Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Arbor Advisors

Pros: -Have a level of client interaction that would not be possible until VP/MD level at a bulge bracket -Build sales skills with C-suite in mid market… Cons: -Not a huge opportunity to develop financial modelling skills. -There isn't a huge amount of structure in the role,… Advice to Senior Management: Should be less focus on call quotas and more on value of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Arbor Advisors.

Worked for Arbor Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arbor Advisors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Arbor Advisors CEO Stan Christensen. All reviews posted anonymously by Arbor Advisors employees.