There are newer employer reviews for Arby's

Great experience. The staff held high acumen in business process and design.

Former Employee - Sales Associatele in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Sales Associatele in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Arby's

Pros

Flexible hours depending on family, illness
Tuition assistance

Cons

Traditional corporate structure and also Increase telecommute

Advice to Management

Expand outside training opportunities

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It's a job.

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Midland, MI

I have been working at Arby's

Pros

Free food for managers helps offset the lack of benefits for non-salary managers.
    Fun, easy work in a fast paced environment, makes days go by quickly if the right crew is in place.
    Flexible work schedules that are ideal for anyone going to college.

Cons

Long hours, the flexibility means that your schedule will be unpredictable.
    Some not-so-subtle favoritism.
    Shift managers barely make more than team members, and a team member that's been working for three or four years can make more than a newly promoted shift manager.
    Insurance is offered, but I have to list it under cons due to the exorbitant price and low quality of said insurance.
    Service time goals are unreasonable, it is impossible to meet speed of service standards AND quality standards without throwing out almost as much food as you make.
    Rude customers, Arby's expects you to bend over backwards to please the customers no matter what they say to you.

Advice to Management

I would simplify the menu. It's confusing for the customers and complicated for new team members trying to learn the job. I would suggest analyzing the cost to profit ratio for each of the menu items and eliminated those that don't perform well. This would help to control food costs thanks to a smaller variety, and would greatly help service times.
    I would also suggest that they really stop worrying about service speed and focus on quality food and a clean restaurant.

2. The job is not difficult; most managers and employees are fine, but senior management often treats you as incompetent.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

I have been working at Arby's

Pros

It can be quite enjoyable and fun interacting with your co-workers and customers. The food is good and competitions allow you to eat free once in a while. It's one of the more laid-back fast-food restaurants to work for.

Cons

The pay is not too great; it probably aligns up with other fast-food restaurants ok, but still is quite small. From the two Arby's I've worked at, the GM's are often "in their own world."

Advice to Management

Trust employees; don't abstain from criticism and observation, but don't treat workers as incompetent and ignorant. Also, keep one's word in regards to promised hourly-wage.