There are newer employer reviews for Arby's

Good complementary job with education.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Stillwater, OK
Former Employee - Crew Member in Stillwater, OK

I worked at Arby's

Pros

The restaurant has a family atmosphere with plenty of future friends waiting to meet you. The salary is very competitive to working at other local fast food restaurants. Benefits of employee discounts are very supportive living on a college budget.

Cons

Extreme age difference between myself, a college student. the managers who were surprisingly older. and the other employees who were predominantly high school students.

Taking more time to interview your employees would help you to understand that everyone functions differently and not everyone will decide to work harder just by causing them a percentile of grief.

reviews filtered by
  1. Low salary for amount of work required.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Arby's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fast paced work environment, friendly staff (depending on the store). If you are a shift manager or below the schedule is very flexible. They have a variety of shifts and are mostly willing to work around any second jobs or other obligations.

Cons

Low pay, and hours are unstable. Some nights you work till 2am, and they expect you to be back at work at 8am. "Bonuses" are very small and are three times a year. Little to no advancement opportunity due to no availability. District managers are scarcely in the stores, and are very hard to get a hold of.

Fixed schedules would make everyone's lives better.

2. Its a terrible place to work.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Arby's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a good place to meet alot of people from all walks of life.

Cons

They treat their management team horribly. There is no consistency. The policies are constantly changing. Store policy is rarely the same as company policy. It makes for a confusing and stressful workplace. I have been in restaurant management for 25 years and this is by far the worst company to work for. Scheduling is random and leaves no room for family. Pay is horrible. I am making 1/3 of what I made in previous management positions in the food industry. Benefits are BAD all around. They do offer vacations but expect to pay you as they see fit. Insurance is costly and not good quality. Sick days are non existant. Lower management is expected take care of things that anywhere else would be considered higher management task. This will not be a long term position for me! I would recommend working anywhere but for Arbys.

It would benefit your company to look closely at your policies, district managers and pay scales. I would also recommend treating your employees as people and not robots.

There are newer employer reviews for Arby's