Arby's

There are newer employer reviews for Arby's

I expected worse

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Valencia, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Valencia, CA

I worked at Arby's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Arby's I worked at was in a college town, so the customers were pretty fun and nice. You got to know the regulars pretty well.
Fun people to work with.
Free fries, turnovers and bacon, good discount.
If you wanted to stop and take a breather for a minute or two, you could. Some managers have a cow if an employee sits down on the job, but if business was slow, we could sit down for a little bit.
Could get time off/switch shifts easily.
Fast-paced, but pretty laid back. Manager understood that mistakes could happen, and she didn't get hung-up on them.

Cons

Sometimes we would work 12 hour shifts and this Arby's didn't let you clock out for lunch breaks. So if you had an 8-12 hour shift, sometimes you didn't get a lunch break if it was too busy. In addition, if you finally got to sit down to eat and the store got busy, you had to leave your food until you had time to go back and finish. A beef 'n cheddar only lasts so long without a heat lamp.
I worked there for a year and didn't get any sort of raise/promotion, even though I worked my tail off. The jerk who ticked everyone off and hated every customer got promoted to supervisor though. Over half of the staff was a supervisor, and some of them abused their power and made you feel like a fool in front of customers.

If you're going to promote someone, make sure they are mature enough for the task. And give us lunch breaks!

322 Other Employee Reviews for Arby's (View Most Recent)

Lack of integrity

Former Employee - General Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - General Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Arby's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the people are nice

Cons

Upper management plays favoritism and base decision on who they like and not always performance.

Keep things on a professional level

I have had a great working experience, beside the fact that some things are and have been handled very unfairly.

Current Employee - Cashier in Troutman, NC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Troutman, NC

I have been working at Arby's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoy the local customers, and having 50% of meals.

Cons

Rules are not strict, it's a hit and miss who, and when somebody gets in trouble.

Have stricter, to the T rules.

There are newer employer reviews for Arby's