Arby's

There are newer employer reviews for Arby's

I expected worse

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Valencia, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Valencia, CA

I worked at Arby's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The Arby's I worked at was in a college town, so the customers were pretty fun and nice. You got to know the regulars pretty well.
Fun people to work with.
Free fries, turnovers and bacon, good discount.
If you wanted to stop and take a breather for a minute or two, you could. Some managers have a cow if an employee sits down on the job, but if business was slow, we could sit down for a little bit.
Could get time off/switch shifts easily.
Fast-paced, but pretty laid back. Manager understood that mistakes could happen, and she didn't get hung-up on them.

Cons

Sometimes we would work 12 hour shifts and this Arby's didn't let you clock out for lunch breaks. So if you had an 8-12 hour shift, sometimes you didn't get a lunch break if it was too busy. In addition, if you finally got to sit down to eat and the store got busy, you had to leave your food until you had time to go back and finish. A beef 'n cheddar only lasts so long without a heat lamp.
I worked there for a year and didn't get any sort of raise/promotion, even though I worked my tail off. The jerk who ticked everyone off and hated every customer got promoted to supervisor though. Over half of the staff was a supervisor, and some of them abused their power and made you feel like a fool in front of customers.

If you're going to promote someone, make sure they are mature enough for the task. And give us lunch breaks!

365 Other Employee Reviews for Arby's (View Most Recent)

it is awesome

Former Employee - Cashier in Port Clinton, OH
    Former Employee - Cashier in Port Clinton, OH

I worked at Arby's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

nice people and great enviorment

Cons

its to slow sometimes but other then that it was great

watch the cramra more

Lots of Work for Low Pay

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Saint Cloud, MN
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at Arby's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have great medical benefits, flexible, and you get vacation. Great people to work with as well. Always have great communication.

Cons

Medical is expensive, some of the customers are very rude and degrading towards food service workers, the pay is very low, and the lobby and kitchen can get messy quickly.

Please do not treat your employees like they are children.

There are newer employer reviews for Arby's