There are newer employer reviews for Arby's

Would not recommend

Former Employee - Team Member in Columbia, MO
Former Employee - Team Member in Columbia, MO

I worked at Arby's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedules, discounts on food while working

Cons

Things broke often and were never replaced (ex. a headset once fell apart on my head while I was taking an order and was never replaced). Inconsistent in requests and demands, didn't provide adequate uniform, stop giving out raises, even to those who deserved them

reviews filtered by
  1. Depends on the day

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arby's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Love my managers & most of my co workers which is VERY important to me. My general manager is also very good with working with my school schedule. Sometimes I feel as though my managers should put their foot down on some of my co workers crap. I may get away with a lot of stuff ,but I am one of their BEST employees. Meeting new people from all over. Then you have you regulars that you just love when they walk in.

Cons

Pay is little to nothing!!!!! Especially when there are countless places where you can go where they will start you at $8.50. It is way too much work to get paid hardly anything. It is so hard to get a raise I have been there almost 3 years & got 1 raise. Every time it comes to raises Arby's adds another requirement you have to meet before you can get your little raise. If you are a manager or closer your hours are pretty much steady. Other then that your hours are based on sales. The customers think that since you work fast food you have no common sense. You never know if you will get cussed out or a complaint. I have had countless unprovoked customer "altercations" dealing with that isn't worth the pay. I am sure that can happen anywhere but minimum wage is not high enough for me to get yelled at by a customer who is not my mother. They get rid of popular items then replace them with something that is horrible then we are left trying to explain to customers why the change. I could go on & on but I won't. The only reason I am still there is because it is getting the job done while I am in college and like I said I love my managers.

Advice to Management

Upper management??! I rarely see the people above my General Manager.

2. I expected worse

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Valencia, CA

I worked at Arby's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The Arby's I worked at was in a college town, so the customers were pretty fun and nice. You got to know the regulars pretty well.
    Fun people to work with.
    Free fries, turnovers and bacon, good discount.
    If you wanted to stop and take a breather for a minute or two, you could. Some managers have a cow if an employee sits down on the job, but if business was slow, we could sit down for a little bit.
    Could get time off/switch shifts easily.
    Fast-paced, but pretty laid back. Manager understood that mistakes could happen, and she didn't get hung-up on them.

Cons

Sometimes we would work 12 hour shifts and this Arby's didn't let you clock out for lunch breaks. So if you had an 8-12 hour shift, sometimes you didn't get a lunch break if it was too busy. In addition, if you finally got to sit down to eat and the store got busy, you had to leave your food until you had time to go back and finish. A beef 'n cheddar only lasts so long without a heat lamp.
    I worked there for a year and didn't get any sort of raise/promotion, even though I worked my tail off. The jerk who ticked everyone off and hated every customer got promoted to supervisor though. Over half of the staff was a supervisor, and some of them abused their power and made you feel like a fool in front of customers.

Advice to Management

If you're going to promote someone, make sure they are mature enough for the task. And give us lunch breaks!

There are newer employer reviews for Arby's