Arby's
www.arbys.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Former Shift Manager

Shift Manager (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

I worked at Arby's full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat people depending which store you're at. Discount on food. Flexible scheduling. Most of the managers will help you get the time off when you need it. It can defiantly be a place you can make into a career if you so choose.

ConsAt the store I worked at the Area Supervisor would micromanage everything and not let the GM do what he was hired to do which is run the store. Those usually above the GM don't really listen to what you have to say, even when you have an idea to fix a problem. They just treat it like "whatever" most of the time.
Very little follow through from management at times. They will say "Hey your getting this new thing!" and two years later they tell you it didn't work out. Really?
This is how the corporate run stores look for the most part. However, a lot of the ones around the store I worked at went franchise and I heard things are improving.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll AS and above, don't forget what it was like as an employee. You've worked hard to get where you are but don't forget that you're employees are the ones who keep you there.

Great people, poor pay, flexible environment

I have been working at Arby's

Pros: Great people, flexible environment, good food Cons: Poor pay for work contributed Advice to Senior Management: Pay your shift managers competitive hourly rates! More

General Manager

General Manager (Former Employee)
Huntsville, AL

I worked at Arby's full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pay is just above the average if you negotiate well. Cons: Poor communication from upper management. (they tell you one… Advice to Senior Management: Do what you say, and be willing to help out… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Arby's.

Worked for Arby's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arby's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Arby's CEO Paul Brown . All reviews posted anonymously by Arby's employees.