Arc Aspicio

www.arcaspicio.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Arc Aspicio

Dedicated to employees and clients in a dynamic consulting practice.

I have been working at Arc Aspicio full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Career opportunities for promotion and growth. Great access to senior leaders. Continuous learning! Great people to work with. Projects often focus on homeland security in areas like information sharing, mission-critical consulting, program and project management, and innovative technology.

Cons

Consulting projects are for challenging mission areas so sometimes there is overtime needed to get the job done. Senior leaders have high expectations but are dedicated to employee growth at an individual level.

Keep taking a strategic approach. Involve employees from all levels in future planning.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Arc Aspicio (View Most Recent)

Poor leadership, low salaries, below-standard benefits

Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Arc Aspicio full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Arc Aspicio has great staff. Everyone is engaged with the company and works hard. People care about the mission and want to be successful. The company has stable projects and is willing to keep people on the bench when they are unstaffed, which is a benefit for a consulting company. There is room for growth and promotion.

Cons

Company leadership is very out of touch. They do not seem aware of industry standards. Salaries are very low and many industry-standard benefits (parking, mobile phone reimbursement, metro benefits) are not provided.

There is very little workplace flexibility and a ton of micro-managing. At client sites, we are forced to observe business hours that our teaming partners and clients do not (they have flexible schedules). Working from home is limited and viewed suspiciously--you must submit a detailed plan of everything you plan to accomplish just to work from home for one day. Dress code is more formal than client sites require, often creating a distance between us and our clients. In All Hands meetings, they assign seats like we are in grade school.

Employees are required to work unpaid overtime to write proposals. During proposals, we have daily check ins, Saturday sessions, weekend and night deadlines--and all of this is on top of our project work!

Treat your employees with respect. Recognize that they are grown ups with personal lives. Don't expect them to dedicate their heart and soul to your business for salaries that are barely livable.

Horrible, mean-spirited people who are exploiting their clients and employees.

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Arc Aspicio full-time

Pros

**This review has been edited to meet community guidelines**

There are very, very few. Good office location. Some nice people at the junior levels.

Cons

This is the worst job I've ever had. The leadership team is absolutely awful. They treat employees with no respect, often snapping at people for no reason, require absurd unpaid overtime, and decide ratings and promotions based solely on their personal feelings. They also take a LOT of time off. They commonly abandon work for weeks at a time to attend expensive, useless Harvard programs meant to pamper rich people into thinking they are special. It definitely works. They also often work from their vacation home for weeks at a time. If an employee even suggested doing something similar, they would be fired.

Also, they are completely paranoid. I shouldn't be writing this review because they have been asking around and trying to find the people who have written reviews, presumably to fire them. I also heard they read our company email and chats, which is to be expected I guess, but shows how paranoid and distrustful they are.

All the other negative reviews have covered the other bad things: low pay, long hours, no respect, treated like children. The positive reviews are clearly written by upper management. Note how they use exactly the same language? Who are they kidding?

There is nothing to say. They don't take any advice. Their response to every problem is to claim the person "doesn't get it" or doesn't "understand how the industry works." Lame excuses for ignoring problems and convincing yourself you're right and everyone who disagrees is wrong. All I'll say is that it's probably time to sell the company now and get out while they still have money and some friends.

There are newer employer reviews for Arc Aspicio