Cog in a giant machine

Former Employee - Art Director in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Art Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at Arc Worldwide

Pros

There are some very compelling reasons to work for Arc. They have great benefits, prestigious clients & they are in a great location. The majority of people who work there are talented, friendly & ambitious.

Cons

In my experience it was impossible to get any "actionable" feedback from my yearly reviews & unless you are in the management "clique" it is extremely hard to get a promotion. Wages were low. We constantly had the carrot of "Above the line work" dangled infront of us & would pitch for it constantly but it would go nowhere. Arc is a good "Below the line" agency & the sooner it realizes it the better. It shares the same building & holiday party with Leo Burnett but that is where the common ground ends. I get the impression that most Leo Burnett employees couldn't care less about collaborating on anything even though the Idea of the building being one big happy family is rammed down your throat.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on what you are good at & own it. Stop trying to be an above the line agency. Try an integrate with Leo Burnett more successfully or not at all. Management needs to actively move people around to keep them fresh. Pay people what they are worth & recognize seniority.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great, as long as you understand you're the red-headed stepchild

I have been working at Arc Worldwide

Pros

The people within the Arc world get digital. They're a strong agency with a solid group of people that makes it worth it to work there. An excellent benefits package doesn't hurt.

Cons

You have to understand you'll always be the little sibling to the Leo Burnett folks. As long as Susan Creadle is the CCO, you'll struggle to win any sort of logical battle with the LB folks. Salaries are average, and it usually takes a threat to leave to get a significant increase in wages.

2. Painful

I have been working at Arc Worldwide

Pros

Good people. Great benefits. Challenging work.

Cons

Long hours. Clients cannot make decisions.