There are newer employer reviews for Arc Worldwide

Lack of Creativity

Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Arc Worldwide

Pros

Friendly people.

Good location.

Might open doors for other opportunities.

Cons

Crappy environment for creativity to flourish. New cubes are more like shoulders on the side of the road than offices. Shows how little employees are valued. Factory environment.

Work is getting dumber and dumber.

Relentless demands and no push back from account staff. Burn out all over but nobody cares.

Emperor's New Clothes syndrome. Self impressed upper management. Poorly managed and out of touch with employees, not remotely willing to take a stand for creative ideas or staff. Sometimes have a threatening tone when asking creatives to come up with better work ( always a motivator). Don't seem to understand they need to be clearing a path for good creative and making account staff more accountable and developing a backbone relative to clients. Advertising used to be fun. Now is completely mind numbing.

48 Other Employee Reviews for Arc Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Lots of egos needing to be stroked.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Arc Worldwide

Pros

Happy hour on Friday in 2005. Don't know how or if that ever changed.

Cons

I was hired with a packaging portfolio and never permitted to work on packaging. Frustrating for all.

Do a better job in the interview process and hire for the job.

Cog in a giant machine

Former Employee - Art Director in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Art Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at Arc Worldwide

Pros

There are some very compelling reasons to work for Arc. They have great benefits, prestigious clients & they are in a great location. The majority of people who work there are talented, friendly & ambitious.

Cons

In my experience it was impossible to get any "actionable" feedback from my yearly reviews & unless you are in the management "clique" it is extremely hard to get a promotion. Wages were low. We constantly had the carrot of "Above the line work" dangled infront of us & would pitch for it constantly but it would go nowhere. Arc is a good "Below the line" agency & the sooner it realizes it the better. It shares the same building & holiday party with Leo Burnett but that is where the common ground ends. I get the impression that most Leo Burnett employees couldn't care less about collaborating on anything even though the Idea of the building being one big happy family is rammed down your throat.

Concentrate on what you are good at & own it. Stop trying to be an above the line agency. Try an integrate with Leo Burnett more successfully or not at all. Management needs to actively move people around to keep them fresh. Pay people what they are worth & recognize seniority.

There are newer employer reviews for Arc Worldwide